• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanted Speedometer cable needed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I am in need if a speedometer cable for a 1990 4x4 bronco ii. Did a 4x4 swap on a 2wd that did not come with the factory dummy case, and my cable doesn't reach the case. This is going to be my daily, and it's almost on the road.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Rockauto has a 63 inch long cable without cruise, a 72 inch cable with cruise, and a 80 inch long one with different ends on it. The most expensive one they have is $13.59. Problem will be shipping cost most likely.

stsalvage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
i have 2 ranger
Make / Model
Ranger XLT exte
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Manual
ATP Y805 Info
Length: 72"; Cruise Control this is for ranger. Quite looking for a Bronco 2 when it comes to parts when you're dealing with the 4.0 Don't go to the parts counter person and say you need a part for a 1990 4.0 Bronco 2 because you will have that person give you that blank stare. When you
modify you need to use the right wording or you will
have major problems. you are in a whole new realm when you start swapping stuff you need to learn the lingo or don't Fk with it and go buy a new truck. Try and get everything to match what came in the truck. it will be easier later on to find the hard parts

1713395321558.png

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ATP Y805 Info
Length: 72"; Cruise Control this is for ranger. Quite looking for a Bronco 2 when it comes to parts when you're dealing with the 4.0 Don't go to the parts counter person and say you need a part for a 1990 4.0 Bronco 2 because you will have that person give you that blank stare. When you
modify you need to use the right wording or you will
have major problems. you are in a whole new realm when you start swapping stuff you need to learn the lingo or don't Fk with it and go buy a new truck. Try and get everything to match what came in the truck. it will be easier later on to find the hard parts

View attachment 109448
Dude, you don't need to come across as an ass when you're digging up a two year old thread.

1) He said he did a 4x4 swap, not that he did a 4.0L swap. His sig shows a '90 BII with 2.9L and 4x4 conversion, likely using factory parts. You could ask for that at any auto parts store.
2) He never said that he had issues with a parts counter person. Instead it appears that he was looking for a used cable before he resorted to new.
3) Even your rockauto listings don't show clearly what length is appropriate for which drivetrain, so of course he should ask first.
4) He managed the conversion, so I don't think he's as far out of his depth as you seem to think.

stsalvage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
i have 2 ranger
Make / Model
Ranger XLT exte
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I have over 22 people a month come at me saying why this is why that one guy can't understand why he put 2008 3.0 into his 1993 Ranger and he can't get his old computer to work. Or this guy that asked I have a 1994 Ranger with a 5-speed and he got a 1998 5-speed and can't get the Speedo to work. Just like on Facebook, I keep seeing people ask what dose the 3970010 block is most are stupid One cat said its a DZ 302 motor One said its a 396 one ever told everyone it's a 400 small block. New people in the old cars and trucks are screwed up and need to leave the old stuff alone. I getting to a point where people are stupid they have a smartphone they can look up stuff to asking stupid questions. Now I know you just like to know the answer to the question. I have a question on how to do the swap over for the new LS engine into the old Chevy trucks can this work or this But when someone says they made fuel injection back in 1919. that had computers in 1929 in cars. It's getting to be crazy. with so much fulse info out there.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm not even trying to make heads or tails out of that. Being a member for so long with such a low post count and replies like this, I'd almost wonder if you were a very patient pop-up spammer, but you got the supporting member tag and Jim doesn't just hand those out. Do want to ask though...

Are you feeling ok?

You don't have to answer or respond to every question asked online. Might want to take a break, or a long weekend and get away from it all.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals