• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some 93 Splash Mods

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an 87 Mustang street/strip car that i just built and now my uncle gave me a nice 93 ranger splash. It has the 4.0 and 8.8/5 speed and some simple stuff like a full 3 inch exhaust and electric fans. the intake is pretty crappy on this truck so i was thinkin about using a 75mm maf from a mustang with 24# injectors and a bigger throttle body as well as a cone filter. im not sure if the mustang throttle body will fit the ranger and if the mustang maf is compatable. I built a carbed 347 for the stang so i have a fuel injected 5.0 that is sitting with an AOD trany also. i like the 5 speed that the ranger has though but will it handle the torque and power from the engine if i ever decide to swap it? should i carb the 5.0 if i decide to go that way or keep it EFI with the 24# injectors and maf that i buy? what do you guys think? im new to the ranger scene but not cars or mustangs. thanks!

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
anybody have any answers? also, my camber is off due to lowering springs in the front end. anybody know the napa part number for the camber bushings that evens it all out? i need to pick up some mustang 17s and tires but dont want to wear the tires out unevenly. thanks!

Kalwren

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think you may be able to find some information here:

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.php
This is the tech library. Tons of good information about misc. stuff there.

There's an entire section on Intakes. Hopefully this helps. :)

From what I remember reading if you change the intake, injectors and fuel pump - you have to change something with the computer because it can't handle it. There's several write ups on people using Mustang injectors and whatnot.

I've not done a lot of research on it, but I recall reading something about it on here when I was looking for other information.

Good luck!

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
alright thanks. what about the camber bushings?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals