• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SmartMax1

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
Ok so after spending quite a bit of time over the past 2 weeks looking for an injector rail for my 94 it doubt that that's not what I need. Turns out that the injector rail does not have a leak. My brother God bless him and I do love him told me misinformation. I just today found a complete fuel injection rail for a 94 Ranger with a 4.0 out of Texas and thank the good Lord I didn't send $160 out the door. Turns out there's a leak in a supply line going TO the rail. You read correctly. Not only am I not familiar with removing an injection rail I'm not even familiar with what he's talking about. Well I'll clarify that I know what I'm looking for cuz I know where it starts and all they do is find out where it ends my question is am I looking for an aluminum tube connected to the aluminum injector rail because in my world that's the supply line. Here's what originally caused the problem. The former owner decided to use J-B Weld to patch a hole. Of course that would not work for obvious reasons. So now I've got to come up with what this part is called and see if I can replace it. All I can say is..."Doom Dispare and Agony on me". And of course...Deep Dark Depression Excessive misery. Git er done

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Ok so after spending quite a bit of time over the past 2 weeks looking for an injector rail for my 94 it doubt that that's not what I need. Turns out that the injector rail does not have a leak. My brother God bless him and I do love him told me misinformation. I just today found a complete fuel injection rail for a 94 Ranger with a 4.0 out of Texas and thank the good Lord I didn't send $160 out the door. Turns out there's a leak in a supply line going TO the rail. You read correctly. Not only am I not familiar with removing an injection rail I'm not even familiar with what he's talking about. Well I'll clarify that I know what I'm looking for cuz I know where it starts and all they do is find out where it ends my question is am I looking for an aluminum tube connected to the aluminum injector rail because in my world that's the supply line. Here's what originally caused the problem. The former owner decided to use J-B Weld to patch a hole. Of course that would not work for obvious reasons. So now I've got to come up with what this part is called and see if I can replace it. All I can say is..."Doom Dispare and Agony on me". And of course...Deep Dark Depression Excessive misery. Git er done
Post a pic of what you need... I’ve got fuel system parts from various year 4.0s I stripped over the years.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I actually got the reference to Hee Haw...

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
I'm a big fan of guitar music

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
I certainly will as soon as I find it. I got to get to it by taking parts off so I can take a good picture of it for you

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
And thank you for getting back to me about this subject. This one's going to be my last truck that I'll recover andbring back out on the road. 79,000 miles.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
On my 97 4.0, there is the aluminum fuel rail that is bolted to the top of the lower intake and holds the injectors in. the only fuel leak that could happen there outside of physical damage to the actual rail is the O-rings on the injectors (2 per injector, one top, one bottom) and the shrader valve to test the fuel pressure in the middle of the rail. then there are two braided fuel lines that screw onto the rail, one being the feed and one being the return. that would be your other leak point... maybe the lines themselves have a hole or the connection to the rail is leaky

the last pic in the first post shows the lower intake/ fuel rail assembly out of the truck and where the fuel lines hook up to it. My 97 has a different upper intake than yours, but the lower part should be the same.

AJ

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
On my 97 4.0, there is the aluminum fuel rail that is bolted to the top of the lower intake and holds the injectors in. the only fuel leak that could happen there outside of physical damage to the actual rail is the O-rings on the injectors (2 per injector, one top, one bottom) and the shrader valve to test the fuel pressure in the middle of the rail. then there are two braided fuel lines that screw onto the rail, one being the feed and one being the return. that would be your other leak point... maybe the lines themselves have a hole or the connection to the rail is leaky

the last pic in the first post shows the lower intake/ fuel rail assembly out of the truck and where the fuel lines hook up to it. My 97 has a different upper intake than yours, but the lower part should be the same.

AJ
This is very helpful and thank you so much. My brother says I should be able to see the patch and then I will know where to start. Something tells me that I might not have to remove the rail at all. I certainly will let cha know . With pictures. Once that gets a fix I will be replacing at least the #5 injector. Never done it before but I can do it myself. I'm sure. I have a really nice Chevy Trailblazer coming for the.winter
4x4. A super good deal from a long time friend. I want my 94 up and running so get it into a rework mode for next summer
A great truck.

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
Here's a picture I think would help.
20200903_163417.jpg

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
yep, dem's the fuel lines. the bigger one is the fuel feed and the smaller one is the fuel return. you will need a fuel/ A/C line disconnect tool to unhook them, then I believe that there is just a nut on the other side. you can get the disconnect tool at any auto parts store for 15 bucks for a set.

AJ

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
Can I cut and refit? I thought the supply was the culprit. The one without the clamp goes to the rail. That's a definite. I might to do.a complete refit on everything to insure a success.

SmartMax1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
None yet
Total Drop
Wouldnt think of it lol
My credo
Git or done
Everyone is busy like me so when convenient ..answers are certainly appreciated and welcome.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals