• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sky jacker drop brackets

cushion101990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am looking into buying the 4-6 inch drop axle brackets for my ranger. my question is, is there two holes one for the 4" lift and one for the 6" lift? also if there is seperate holes for the 6" lift can i fit a 6" coil and a 2" spacer to lift my truck to 8"s?? just a thought let me know what yall think thanks

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Your truck an ext cab 4.0L?

The brackets have a 4" and 6" hole.

With the heavier ext cab 4.0 trucks its better to run in the 4" hole with 6" coils for better alignment.

You will need the skyjacker extreem drop pitman arm for the 6" lift for best steering angles. The stock steering set up gets very sketchy on anything over 6" of lift, so going a full 8" of suspension lift is not the best solution. If you need the height add a body lift.

cushion101990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thats the thing i have te body lift and a 4" lift with 6'" coils but i want a lil more

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You'll be looking at some custom fab work then, be it either a custom steering linkage of some sort, or a straight axle swap.
6" total lift is the absolute practical limit on the TTB, and even then it still won't be perfect (although likely won't be any worse than your 4" lift is now if you also get the bigger Skyjacker pt# FA600 drop pitman arm).

cushion101990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
right now the truck is sitting at 9 inches of lift. 3" body and 6"susp. i have the 4" drop bracketry from rough country and the 6" skyjacker coils. my alignment is flawless and i only have the rough country drop pit man arm. A SAO is too expensinve and not worth it on my dd. I have seen a few rigs on this forum with the 8" lift and a 3" body lift and there alignment looks normal. so all im asking is can i get the 6" skyjacker drop bracketry and run a 8" coil with a bigger drop pitman arm? and possibly a lil custom work? will it stay aligned? how big of a tire could i run with the 9" lift and the 11" lift? i know the d35 ttb is only rated for a 35" tire, but i am curious?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
right now the truck is sitting at 9 inches of lift. 3" body and 6"susp. i have the 4" drop bracketry from rough country and the 6" skyjacker coils. my alignment is flawless and i only have the rough country drop pit man arm. A SAO is too expensinve and not worth it on my dd. I have seen a few rigs on this forum with the 8" lift and a 3" body lift and there alignment looks normal. so all im asking is can i get the 6" skyjacker drop bracketry and run a 8" coil with a bigger drop pitman arm? and possibly a lil custom work? will it stay aligned? how big of a tire could i run with the 9" lift and the 11" lift? i know the d35 ttb is only rated for a 35" tire, but i am curious?
You should have about 4.5" lift (you have 4" brackets, and the 6" SJ coils come up to about 4.5" on a Supercab).

You can get 6" lift brackets and run the 8" coils for a total lift of around 6.5". With the FA600 pitman arm it should be about the same handling as what you have now (other than the obvious fact your CG will be higher).

A true 8" lift will handle like crud on a TTB though.

As for tires, some here have run 38x12.50s on the D35 without too much issue, but every upgrade mentioned in the Axle Upgrade FAQ will need to be done on it, and you still won't be able to nail the throttle to the floor without fear of stuff breaking.
A D60 SAS would really be the best route if you want a lot of lift and big tires.

cushion101990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i wanna run 35x12.50s will they fit now? or do i need the 8" lift?? this is not going to may main bogger, just for fun. I plan on doing a SAS on another rig that is just for boggin.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I'm running 5" of suspension lift and 3" body lift on my 91 and I clear 36's just fine, 37-38 would fit fine aswell. I have trimmed fenders tho.

You could also look into fiberglass fender and bedsides to clear larger tires without more lift.

cushion101990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya i dont like the looks of the fiber glass plus i got bushwacker fender flares. but thanks for all the information it helped alot and pointed me in the right direction!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals