• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaun's Edge

clubracergt1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess I may as well start a build thread for my '03 Edge. I have already added the toolbox, swapped in LEDs for the gauge cluster, replaced the factory head unit, and installed a CB. The future plans include subwoofer, amp, speakers, exhaust, intake, tuner, safari bar, lights, and whatever else I can come up with to spend money on.

A couple before shots:

The toolbox (can also see through-glass CB antenna):

Might have to add spray-in bedliner to the list of mods. That drop in looks like crap.

I'll add to this thread as I get other pictures taken, and mods performed.

86 Ranger 5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like the stance of your truck

clubracergt1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I just wish it had 4wd to go with it. Of course, it'll be easier to swap in a V8 (in a couple of years) without needing to worry about that.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Nice truck. It does have the look of a 4X4. My uncle bought a Ranger Edge new in 2007 and it looks like the same color as yours. When we had the dealer locate a standard cab, 2WD, 3.0 Ranger we didn't know about the Edge package and were surprised went it showed up looking like a 4X4.

rnber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 03 edge exactly like yours. Same color and even the same color stepup bars. However mine is a 4wd. Good looking truck

clubracergt1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally got around to taking a few more photos of some (mostly basic) mods. Here ya go:

Kenwood head unit and Cobra CB install:

LEDs from Superbrightleds.com Used the natural white ones:

Dynomax cat back installed (Was going to crawl under the truck for more pics, but you all know what an exhaust looks like.) Good tone, but not loud enough. Might have to 'misplace' a cat:

Wonder what this is for:

Mmm, JLAudio:

Installed. BTW-I moved the jack to the toolbox. Simply removed the entire bracket, and bolted it down using the original hardware.:

For the curious ones, this little box is incredible. It has a 10TW1-4 in a very slim box. I lost very little, if any, room in the cabin. And, the little 250w amp drives it very well. Even taking it easy until broken in, this thing hammers pretty strong. I have played metal, hip-hop, and dubstep through it; and am very impressed by so much performance from such a small package. I am also impressed by the factory speakers that come with the Mach MP3 radio. Once I got the lows out of them, they sound pretty decent. Still going to upgrade them, but it is nice to not need to spend that cash immediately.

Guess that's good for now. I'll add more when more happens.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals