• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Second Ranger

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there, my name's Kellie, and I was directed here by a friend of mine. I'm currently driving my second Ford Ranger. I originally owned a 1987 Ranger, automatic, 2.9, four wheel drive. It was a great truck and the engine could have kept on going, but the transmission gave out. I sold it to a friend who had more experience with transmissions and moved on to my second, and current, Ranger.

Right now, I drive a 1994 four wheel drive Ranger. 4 liter engine, V6. I've been driving it for about a year, and the owners before me hadn't put a lot of effort into maintaining it. Since buying it, I've made various small, and some larger repairs, most recently having the rear brakes replaced.

I just removed the front bumper, sanded down the rust, and repainted it. I also painted around the lights and the grill, and the molding over the tires. All were previously gray, but match a lot better now that they're black. My next body project for it is the rear bumper, which I'll have to completely replace. I also replaced the stereo today, but my next project is the speakers.

Does anyone know what size the speakers are in a 94? I'm currently running stock. Thanks!

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the forums, that a damn nice truck. You've come to the right place for ranger stuff some real good people here. I like what you did to the front looks way better now. Not sure about the speakers but I can look it up. What all do you have planned for your rig or are you going to leave it stock?

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks!

I'm looking at getting a custom rear bumper built, but for the most part, I'll probably leave it stock. It's got some mechanical issues that need to be addressed, like new ball joints, u joint, a new rear differential cover, right e-brake, etc, etc. It's got some serious rust issues, too - I guess living it's whole life in Southeast Alaska isn't agreeing with the undercarriage too much.

After I get it mechanically sound, I'll probably look more into having some more fun with it.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
That does help, thanks!

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
There is alot of alaskan and canadian members on here you could have lots of help. We have a classified section from other members you should have no problems finding what you need. Check out lmctruck.com too, hands down the best ranger parts company around.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I'll definitely take a look! :)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
welcome.. 4.0, 4x4.. nice..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals