• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

schematic proofread

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
long story short, I've got a friend with a flatbed tow truck, and all along the side of the deck there are little LED lights, 8 or so of them, with 2 leds each, he wants to make them strobe when his light bar turns on, and I offered to do it for him. they are self grounding, and have just a positive lead coming off of them, which run to a single positive wire that runs the length of the deck, the plan is to cut the wire to every second one, and add a second independent positive to these other ones, giving me group 1 and group 2, for a strobe pattern. as it is now, they only come on solid, with the headlights, so I came up with this schematic, which should work to make them strobe any time... let me know what you guys think!

blue is what I need to add to his existing system

Attachments

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
You might need to put diodes on the outputs of the strobe control or they will be back fed when the lights are on.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
backfeeding on that isn't something i'm worried about, atleast in a making lights turn on I don't want to, however another forum I posted it on, said to put diodes there to prevent possible damage to the module, which as unlikely as it is, is still a good idea for the $2 that they would be...

just to double check, a diode works as a diode for any amount of power going in the wrong direction, but the amperage of the diode is for voltage that flows through it, right?

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size