• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough Idle problem fixed.....I hope.

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So a few weeks now my truck has randomly given a rough idle when I am stopped and in neutral. I attributed it to a gas station that I had been getting gas at for the last few weeks.
I removed and cleaned the MAF & IAC. I installed a new air filter & fuel filter, but the problem persisted. I did notice that this one hose (on the drivers side by the intake manifold) was cracking at both ends of where it attached. Today I replaced that hose and took the truck out for an hour test drive and it seems like the problem is gone.
Maybe it isn't gone and just hasn't shown up- but I put er through the ringer and so far no rough idle.
Here are some pics showing the hose I changed. Ok I tried to load the pics direct but it did not work- here is a link to the album;
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/album.php?albumid=978

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
yep, a bad vacuum hose will cause a rough idle.

Robert

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
that would be the pcv hose...did u get a new pcv valve as well? its a bitch to get to

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
that would be the pcv hose...did u get a new pcv valve as well? its a bitch to get to
Actually I can't find the PCV for my truck. I read it is under the #2 cylinder, so does that mean the solid piping that this rubber hose hooks to (at the manifold side) goes into the pcv valve?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals