• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

roll/light bar for jack mount

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
another retarded question that im hoping someone can help me with. a few weeks ago i found a brand new hi-lift jack for $50:yahoo: but it was a 60" and even though i didnt need all that lift i figured it would handle my truck maybe someone who has more lift but doesnt have one could use mine, and if i were to use the "winch" function i would have about 2more feet of travel. ANYWAY its now sitting in my bed and i feel bad just having it bouncing around back there and i want to mount it somewhere but its not as easy as the 48" i saw some people with their jack mounted on the roll/light bar and i think that would work. found this one on CL(below). just wondering what you guys think, and/ or if you know anyoe who has mounted a 60" somewhere sturdy. i would make my own roll bar because eventually i want to have an exo-cage but i dont have access to a pipe bender and dont have $400 + cost of pipe to drop on one right now. thanks in advanced.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2175547578.html

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice looking bar at a fair price, imho. however, you can bet you'll have to mod it some to work on your ranger as it is from an s10. i'm sure you can find an inexpensive way to mount your jack to it once you have it in your bed.

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i know they make jack mounts to mount onto tubes. i was thinking about mounting it right to the bed rail, but its not very sturdy, and if i were to get into a front end collision it would probably end up impaling me. if its on the bar going up it would be sturdy, out of the way, safer, and look nice too :)

RangerMtnHigh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
I would get that roll bar, it would look great in your ranger!
I used to have mounts for a shovel in my old silverado on the inside of the bed and that worked well so you can try it like that if the bar doesn't get in the way..
or this:

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would get that roll bar, it would look great in your ranger!
I used to have mounts for a shovel in my old silverado on the inside of the bed and that worked well so you can try it like that if the bar doesn't get in the way..
or this:
thanks for the input guys:icon_thumby: i think im gonna go check it out this weekend, h said its out an 85 s10 ill take a pic of it in my truck if i can get it.

i dont think i can mount it like the first pic, but i didnt think about putting it across like the second. i was thinking something like what walstrom1 had in his rig. ill have to see if i will even fit lol

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just went out to size up that bar and sure enough it didnt fit :sad: sure i could re fab it to fit but 1 the only access i have to a welder is at work, and they wont let me work on stuff like that. 2 i dont have time to measure and redesign where its going to bolt up. 3 it was a little off on the size and would have looked funny 4. if or when i do have time and access to the tools to do it i might a well design my own the way i like it. :icon_welder:

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I was about to say the S10 is a fair bit wider than the ranger.. but you figured that out already

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
actually it was SMALLER!? but it was from an 85.. so idk but im thinking about finding a bender and welder and making a simple but strong bar that will attach to the frame. unless anybody has a bar for sale or can fab one for me:D:icon_welder::icon_thumby:

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
too small to fit on the rails or in the bed?

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah it sat about and inch or two lower than th top of the cab. it wasn't wide enough to reach from rail to rail, and the hump for my gas fill tube was in the way. and the bars going back could barely reach the wheel wells. so alot of fab to make it right. id rather build my own.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

TRS Events

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Rick W
October Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

25th Anniversary Merch

Follow TRS On Instagram

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals