• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replacement I-Beam Coil Spring Retainer Bolt

ZachsA9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hello Forum,

I am fighting removing the bolt at the bottom of my 86' rangers coil spring, i have tried heat and PB Blaster and it still wont budge. does anyone know where i can get a replacement bolt, if i could just cut the old one off and put a new bolt in it would make things alot easier.

ZachsA9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Use a 11/8 inch socket with a long extension and set a torque wrench as high as it will go, if you don't have a torque wrench use a really long bar such as a jack handle on the end of your ratchet , I had to do that to get mine off but sence I was replacing my i-beams with djm lowering beams, and ricksrangerz radius arms, I also ended up cutting of both the top and bottom of the bolts to get everything apart since the bolt was fused to the i-beams, but it allowed me to keep the stock spring , spring seat and spring retainer

ZachsA9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
I know LMC truck has them available. Possibly a dealer, the same bolt was used up to 97 on 2wd Rangers. Junk yard probably has a whole slew of them, but they will probably be about as easy to remove as the one you have.

Stupid question, you got all weight off the axle? I'm assuming that the spring is already removed.
I got mine from menards the bolt is a grade 8 #10 3/4 inch by 8 inch long with a package of grade 8 #10 nuts, original bolt was 3/4-10 x7.75, or easier terms 7 3/4 long. It was easier to find an 8 inch long bolt then it was a 7 3/4 inch bolt and it came to $11.81 and you have a couple extra nuts for other projects

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
must have a case of the 7 year itch.

ZachsA9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Lol pjtoledo, when I bought my ranger a couple of years ago I bought it with a relatively clean body and a rebuilt engine that had roughly 2000 miles on the motor but it needed tie rods ball joints and a couple bad leaf spring brackets, so i could build a mini truck out of , so over the summer I went through the truck and replaced all of the suspension components and mount brackets , and I'm in the process of finishing up the front end at the moment , I just have to buy a new spring retainer to finish , the final truck when finished will go from a lowered ranger to a bagged mini dually, with stacks a dump box and 4 cylinder cummins with a 10 speed lol, who knows how long it will take to get there , but it gives me something cool and reliable to drive while I gather up all the parts to do the air ride and dually conversion

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals