• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rear wiper blade

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
My '86 BII basically has ALL stock parts on it. Including the rear wiper blade and there is no rubber left cause its sun damaged and crumbled when I tested to see if it worked. I bought a new blade as found in LMC book and at the store to fit the rear window of the truck. However the old blade is held on with a screw, not a snap on like the new replacement, but even with the adapter piece that comes with the blade I'm not sure how it fits. Even the guy at he part store didn't know (big surprise there...NOT) Any clue? :dunno:

Thrashingrage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a '90 BII and the rear wiper setup sounds similar. As near as I remember, you have to depress two tabs and pull a cap off of the driver's side end of the arm and the old blade can slide off from there. Hopefully this helps, and I'll make sure to check tomorrow and make sure I'm remembering right.
Josh

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
Transmission
Manual
I had to tear mine apart today. Not sure how to get the original off without breaking it apart. Used a screw driver and broke the side off by the pin. Then I bent the wiper blade in half at the pin until it snapped. Then it was a pair of pliers to work the bushing off. The new one just snapped into place.

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info but none of that sounds like what mine is. I was able to get the screw out of the original blade holder but the new replacements were thick. The old blade was just a piece thin metal with a rubber squeezed inbetween and the new one wouldn't fit into the holder on the arm. I was able to stack a nut between the gap and put the new blade on. And now it works GREAT! I also finally was able to replace the front wiper linkage and now all 3 wipers and pissers work!!!! So excited that they all worked with only $20 of new blades and linkage pieces, I couldn't ask for a better surprise on this old truck :)

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2645&pictureid=10892
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2645&pictureid=10891

Last edited:

86broncII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
This has to do with the build date of the bronco II. Mine is a 2/86 and the split is 6/86. the eariler 86 does have a unique rear arm/wiper. I had been hunting for one for a very long time and had to do almost the same thing. Only difference is I used a couple of washers to make up the difference.

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
The build date of my Bronco is 10/85 and even the older parts books show just a normal replacement blade, not like the original on the truck. It was very difficult trying to explain it to the parts guy and they made me feel so stupid and like I had no idea what I was talking about (although I get that regularly in the parts stores)

86broncII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Most of the people that work at the parts store, around here any way werent even alive in the 80's and are not familar to vehicles before their time. Trying to explain some of these items to them often gets you a "deer in headlights" look. I work at the Ford dealer in my town as the body shop manager/Parts sales man/Rental agent (small town dealer) and i know what you had to go through. Even my Ford catalog shows a regular wiper blade but it asks if it is a anco or trico brand. lol.

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Most the guys around here are older and one guy had a B2 but they look at me like "this girl hasn't a clue whats she's talking about" it really pisses me off. The other day I went in for 3/8 hose to replace a vacuum leak and when I went to the counter and asked for it, the guy just stared at me dumbfounded and then he had to ask me again cause I don't think he believed what I said. Then asked what it was for and when I told him it was to fix a vacuum leak he was like "oh, well good luck finding the problem". I live in a smaller town and the older guys just have the mindset that girls are to cook and clean, not work on cars and trucks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals