• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rear steer axle

mikej83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, search doesn't wanna work, so I'll just ask. Putting full width axles in my B2. Thinking about rear steer. Could this be achieved if I took a Dana 60, cut 2 long tubes/axles from a front 60 to center the pumpkin? any ideas/input would be greatly appreciated:) thanks!

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Probably less work to cut a rear 60, and weld on the Cs. At that point I would start looking at Reid Cs and knuckles.

2 PS inner shafts could be cut and resplined, if custom chromoly axles aren't in the budget.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
That would work, but I gotta ask a question. Where do you live that front 60's are so abundant that you have a few laying around that you can cut up?

SVT

mikej83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Southern British Columbia:) off road community is huge here, plenty of guys converting to rockwells, and I personally know half a dozen farm boys with 3 or 4 old fords and chevs rusting away in their fields with 60's:) not hard to find any Dana for a couple hundred bucks here:)

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Damn, your lucky. I need to send a shipping container your way :icon_thumby:

SVT

mikej83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hehe, yeah, definitely helps out with the cost of a project. Have gotten most of my parts from buying abandoned project for Pennies. Other stuff can get pricey though. Looking at a pair of steering rockwells for my diesel project, 3500, but comes with disk brakes on all 4 corners and steering setups. Definitely more than im used to paying! But I got totally redone b2 frame coated, a rebuilt Dana 20 tcase, redone c4, and enough parts to full a truck and car trailer for $100 cuz the guy lost interest and was moving.

Last edited:

mikej83

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
And thanks to both of you for good advice:) agreed welding the C's is probably the easier way to go.

koochman450r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4cyl
Transmission
Manual
also use a front dana 60 carrier so you can run 35 spline inners if you don't cut up a 60hd rear. All stock front 60's were 35 inners only select rears were. Use chevy or dodge knuckles because they are stronger than the ford front 60 knuckles. Thicker castings.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals