• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear disc conversion into 04?

Ferris Bueller

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My 04 2.3 2wd truck has 133,000. The driveshaft turns (play) at least 1/6 of a turn if not more. It has 3.73 gears. I have considered swapping to a 4.10 rear with disc brakes. Do the 10 & 11 models with disc brakes have a different master cylinder or any other different brake parts?

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
do the 10 and 11 have disc brakes on the rear?
Yes, they started doing factory discs in 2010, no more disc conversions! lol

-as for needing a different master cylinder, id say not....but im no expert on that scenerio so if someone can give information saying you need to...go with their answer.
:icon_thumby:
I know alot of explorer disc conversions can get away without swapping the master cylinder, and you dont have to do the swap if you throw on 94-04 mustang v-6 calipers or the 12" 94-04 cobra rears. So i would think you would be in the clear. :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals