• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger to Mazda part switches

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Are rangers and corresponding year mazdas only compatible with each other? I have a 94' b4000 but there is a 97' ranger in a yard in my town that has some nice parts on it. I would like to switch them out but..not sure if a 97' will work. I know after 94' the ranger was changed to what it is now. I'm thinking its not going to work. Any thoughts?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Depends what parts you want. The interior and drive train will swap no problem, though I think the steering wheels maybe different. The front sheet metal and grille areas are different, but should swap if you get everything. The bedsides are slightly different too, but the beds will swap.

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I kind of want the front end. Mine isnt that great and there are some rust issues. What about clutch master cylinders and lines? Im thinking more along the lines of suspension.

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I kind of want the front end. Mine isnt that great and there are some rust issues. What about clutch master cylinders and lines? Im thinking more along the lines of suspension.
yea it most likely will swap over

Mirage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So far I found engine, trans, and suspension wise anything from the Ranger will work on your Mazda. There are suspension differences depending on the year and whether it's a 2WD or 4WD, and engine size, so a little caution is needed there. Sheet metal (body parts) are the biggest difference. You can make them work, but unless you take everything, it will look funny. Most interior parts are a direct swap. So have at it!

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the whole drivetrain is the same between the two. 93-97 is the same, 98-present is the same, except the engine which they used the sohc engine from 01 and up, and the 2.3 duratec instead of the lima. in a nutshell the mazda and the ranger are EXACTLY the same except for the body panels and lights, and badging.

EMB1230

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
in a nutshell the mazda and the ranger are EXACTLY the same except for the body panels and lights, and badging.
The only interior differences are that the logo on the steering wheel and the upholstery design is different, I noticed this when I saw that the Rangers vinyl bench had vertical strips and the Mazda's didn't. Gen 3 steel rims were the same, but the alloy ones were different, same for Gen 4's.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals