• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ranger milestone!

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well I get the best letter someone can get in the mail the other day. My 06 is finally payed off and officially mine title in hand. Have to say it is a great feeling.:yahoo::icon_cheers:

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Congrats to ya my friend! Only 34 more to go for me :)

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
Gave up making car payments in '93. Buying good, used vehicles makes more sense, for me. A well maintained older rig can be as dependable as new. My $6000 Ranger requires only liability insurance and just turned 16 years old. Odometer is at 110K. Barely broken in, right?
I fully expect this Ranger will out-live me!

Congrats on getting 'er paid off. It is a great feeling.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gave up making car payments in '93. Buying good, used vehicles makes more sense, for me. A well maintained older rig can be as dependable as new. My $6000 Ranger requires only liability insurance and just turned 16 years old. Odometer is at 110K. Barely broken in, right?
I fully expect this Ranger will out-live me!

Congrats on getting 'er paid off. It is a great feeling.
I feel the same way. Had a cat payment once. Let it go. I've always bought some hunk of junk and rebuilt it front to rear. Im 5k into my Mazda and a similar one in the area is that much. But all my parts are new.

Its a trade off though. Bet that 06 fx4 is one damn nice truck. In my opinion, if you can really afford the loan then its not such a bad deal. It is a nice feeling to drive a nice newer rig. But not as nice of a feeling when it gets a dent or breaks.

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I feel the same way. Had a cat payment once. Let it go. I've always bought some hunk of junk and rebuilt it front to rear. Im 5k into my Mazda and a similar one in the area is that much. But all my parts are new.

Its a trade off though. Bet that 06 fx4 is one damn nice truck. In my opinion, if you can really afford the loan then its not such a bad deal. It is a nice feeling to drive a nice newer rig. But not as nice of a feeling when it gets a dent or breaks.
One of the awesome things about driving a Ranger is that everything is usually cheaper, ie: when an ad for truck accessories says "prices starting as low as..." that's usually stuff for us :D My truck is so affordable and efficient that I don't even care what it looks like - not that I plan on throwing it away, but who cares if its got dents? This great little truck gets nearly 30MPG, and I drive it. Dents make it look tough :headbang:

huh?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
congratulations on the final payment. what a feeling, eh?

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
it is a really great feeling to have her paid off. she may have 138k miles on her but still runs like a top and pulls my 2 trailers with no issues.

will hopefully be turning that extra money into a house payment though :headbang:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
it is a really great feeling to have her paid off. she may have 138k miles on her but still runs like a top and pulls my 2 trailers with no issues.

will hopefully be turning that extra money into a house payment though :headbang:
Yep definitely a great feeling sending in that last payment and receiving the title in the mail with your name on it.

I'd definitely toss that truck payment into paying your mortgage down quicker, that will be another great feeling when you pay the last house payment and knowing it would then be yours.

Congrats on paying off the truck.

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
They just drive better when they're paid for. My Ranger's been paid off for years. The wife's Expedition...that's another story...Getting there, though! Way to go!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals