• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rain gutters

boosted2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I done a search on this subject , but found nothing. I remember reading about eliminating the rain gutters on a gen 1 or 2 ranger. I am getting ready to start getting a cab ready to swap onto my gen 1. I even saw the pics and thought it looked real clean. There was no instruction on it just the pics. If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be appreciated. THX

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I believe Z man was one that attempted it. Having pulled my roof skin lately I can say it would be somewhat of a pain, the body lines don't match as much up there as you would think, it would involve a lot of filler as the channel of the gutter is spot welds holding the outer skin on...

purplehaze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
351,gt45 turbo,blow thru
Transmission
Automatic
well,It isn't gonna be a quick or easy job, but you can do it. If you have a extra cab, just use it as a guinea pig before starting on the new cab.

flamingx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Haven't done it to a Ranger, but have to a few full-size trucks.

You will need to weld the seams on the 'A' and 'B' pilers first, let those welds cool fully, then cut off the drip rail with a cut-off wheel/grinder and since the drip rail is what holds the roof skin on will need to weld up the gap with a solid weld (or more like stitch weld every 6" and keep going back over it until it solid) take your time, both cutting and welding, without the rigidness of the rail the skin will warp very easily.

As purplehaze said it may be wise to practice on your spare cab if you have any doubts.

Once the rail has been removed, welded, body worked and painted you may need to add additonal door seals to the top of the doors as extra leakage protection.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals