• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
found MORE pics lol my truck is getting famous lol

94ranger#22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks good alec. sold my truck this mrng for 6k. time to go 2wd

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
lol thanks guys..Reading off-road magazine I found this pic in a random section lol

In other news. Truck is all loaded up. Going to the MDR night race this weekend, going to try and get some good high speed video of the truck covering ground.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice!!! wish my truck would fit in a trailer that thin lol

djschick88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Cly
Transmission
Manual
I hope you and everyone you went with or brought are okay. My prayers are with everyone involved.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I hope you and everyone you went with or brought are okay. My prayers are with everyone involved.
Thank you. Yes, I went with 18 people and were only 10ft from the wreck but we all came out un-harmed. This accident was the most horrible thing I have ever seen, I can not describe how I have felt over the last few days. 3 my friends from the group are trained in the medical field, Navy, Fire Fighter and an EMT. They helped as many as they could till the end. My friend in the navy had to call one of the victims families and tell them what had happened, luckily that person is expected to fully recover. It was a very sad event for the whole off-road racing community.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For anyone who was as confused as I was as to the previous posts.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-california1-200-20100816,0,5902685.story

My prayers are with the victims and their families.
x2. this is gunna be one even the whole off road community is gunna have to pull together for keep off road racing goin. the way the media and others who have never set foot in desert racing are portraying it, we are gunna have to fight to keep doin what we do without tons of restrictions

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
This sucks and like it was said previously, it's the sport that will suffer. Not the promoters. We had a similar thing here in Salt Lake. The concert promoters sold too many seats to an AC/DC concert in the standing room only section. Some teenagers got trampled to death and AC/DC was banned from playing here for 10 years, like it was the bands fault.

Very said news though, my deepest sympathy to those who were involved, especially the families who lost a loved one. The promoters should be shut down, people shouldn't be that close to the action.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This sucks and like it was said previously, it's the sport that will suffer. Not the promoters. We had a similar thing here in Salt Lake. The concert promoters sold too many seats to an AC/DC concert in the standing room only section. Some teenagers got trampled to death and AC/DC was banned from playing here for 10 years, like it was the bands fault.

Very said news though, my deepest sympathy to those who were involved, especially the families who lost a loved one. The promoters should be shut down, people shouldn't be that close to the action.
i can see this thread is gunna go the worng way but im gunna state one thing about that. You can not prtect eveyone in a desert race, its common knowledge to not stand so darn close to the road. you wouldnt stand right next to a freeway with no barrier would you? MORE can only set so many rules and enforce so much of them with the staff they have. Unless they started to charge BITD prices, i doubt they could mandate the rules and regs BITD uses (you will be very hard press to see that kind of crowding in a BITD race with trucks at full race speed, BITD doesnt allow it).

Anyhow, I think we need to start another thread for discussion so we dont derail Race's thread on his truck build

djschick88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Cly
Transmission
Manual
with all that being said, are there any updates on the truck lately?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks SnC! I saw those recently.

Um haven't done much. I converted my two front Hella 500's into 6k HIDs which helped alot and I redid the whole exhaust. It now has stock header, no cats, 2.5" into a single chamber. Its a little on the loud side but I rarely drive it on the street anymore so its ok.

Found a bunch of random footage that I put togather of the truck over the last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk1WnqlxdUw

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals