• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Uncle JuJu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Sorry but I'm not digging through 50 some pages.. What size tires are you running? Trying to figure out how my truck will look after the 63 chev's.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You lazy butt!:D JK here is the Tech Library article http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/64-inch_leaf.html
That is my truck in the article but I did not do the write up and it is kinda misleading. I since moved the rear hanger because it binds in the position shown in the article. Also I built a MUCH better 8 leaf pack shortly after still using a chevy main leaf. Simply arching a set of silverado leafs didn't work nearly as good as my new pack and they broke in half lol.

I'll find a pic of my current spring pack when I get home.

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so its a 5 leaf pack arched to 15" or so. It contains a mix of explorer, s-10 and chevy 1500 leafs. I have ridin in many trucks with various deaver packs and this set up works just as good or better in some cases. Untill I link the truck I will continue to run this home brew. I am currenty putting together another pack that should do better with all the weight I will be adding.

Uncle JuJu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You lazy butt!:D JK here is the Tech Library article http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/64-inch_leaf.html
At one point.. A few months ago I read all the posts to date! It was alot.. I thought they were! That's where I'm going with mine.

As for the tech page.. I I noticed that you moved the rear hanger back some.. I if you look closely you'll see the old marks. Did you move it even more?

So you broke the 12"arched Silverado pack! Is your current pack arched or just forced by the others? I really hate to do things twice.. Especially on what little budget I have..

Uncle JuJu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
OK so I'm all caught up on your build! LOL

To stop the cracks you will need to drill a small hole (1/8) right at or just beyond the end of it. And then weld them back over. The hole insures that it won't continue cracking. But you will need to make sure there is room for the cab and cage to move individually or all will be for none! Not sure attaching the two is the answer.. I may just move the fatigue elsewhere. Your flexing that thing pretty hard at times.

I also noticed that you've got a different rear axle! Who's is it? Looks yota to me.. Nowthat I looked at more pics! And are those disc brakes..
Iwanted to guset the yota one I'm building but my rock crawler buddy swares I won't bend it.. We'll see!

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The rear end is a ford 9" with 3/8 wall tubing, custom 3rd with spool and 35 spline axles. The brakes I used explorer backing plates and calipers.

My new pack was arched together and yes I snapped a leaf in the old pack. The final position was basically back one hole then down one hole. And the tires are 33x12.5.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, didn't get it finished in time to take it somewhere fun for new years trip. But I did get to play with it a little now that it has shocks again.

I have always loved Sway Aways, still getting used to seeing shiny blue Kings on the truck lol

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ALMOST Rolled the truck today, would have been pretty angry. But I didn't so it was fun day with a few other trucks. Got some good vids I will post later.

djschick88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Cly
Transmission
Manual
Looks awesome. How'd you almost roll it?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Drifting a berm, I caught a lip and went up on the 2 pass side tires. Turned into it and pinned it to bring it back down. Wasn't too crazy but def the closest I have come to rolling it. I think it's because I lifted the front a bit with the new springs, gotta drive it a little differently.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We did the same thing in a race.....defiantly had some seat in my cheeks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals