• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Man... I was beaten and bruised when I put VW cylinder heads in the dish washer. I can't imagine what the wife woulda done if I used the couch as a work bench.

Looks good...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Man... I was beaten and bruised when I put VW cylinder heads in the dish washer. I can't imagine what the wife woulda done if I used the couch as a work bench.

Looks good...
Just placed on the couch to take pics. The wife is currently upstairs sewing his seat covers using Eddie Bauer seats as the basis. (Has no idea the AC tubes went thru the dishwasher last week.) He has interior parts on the dining room table, kitchen table & living room floor. I have wiring harnesses on the floor in the basement. It's currently 18deg F outside and the truck is in the driveway. Thanks for the praise- he's worked hard on this

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Looks good...
First time the wife came to my house when we were dating, had half a Chevy 3800 on the kitchen table using an old pizza box to catch the oil, other half was on a tarp on the floor.

For whatever reason she didn’t runaway screaming.

Not much out there with more will power then 17 year old with driver’s license and no wheels.

One brother spent the whole summer trying to get that old 3800 back together. Other one spent the summer stripping a truck to the frame to weld up the rust.

This is an awesome project. Sure it will turn out cool.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
First time the wife came to my house when we were dating, had half a Chevy 3800 on the kitchen table using an old pizza box to catch the oil, other half was on a tarp on the floor.

For whatever reason she didn’t runaway screaming.

Not much out there with more will power then 17 year old with driver’s license and no wheels.

One brother spent the whole summer trying to get that old 3800 back together. Other one spent the summer stripping a truck to the frame to weld up the rust.

This is an awesome project. Sure it will turn out cool.
He has wheels- my peg-leg 94 Dakota Club Cab Sport- but it isn't a Finger Lakes Friendly winter truck.

Danny74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Don't wait till it's broken to fix things
He has wheels- my peg-leg 94 Dakota Club Cab Sport- but it isn't a Finger Lakes Friendly winter truck.
Finger lakes? Howdy neighbor 😁 Southern tiere guy right here.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Howdy,m Danny74! I grew up in Montrose, but live in Stroudsburg, PA. Our son is at Ithaca College now.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
More progress toward a March '24 deadline goal when my Dakota runs out of inspection: Pictures below

Interior & Engine assembly moving along.
Carpet just laid out to 'relax' from the shipping box= not fitted yet. We have to locate the shifter and 4wd selector lever locations to start.

Seat covers are coming along- the top of the driver's is finished and pic will come soon.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Transfer case rebuilt, sealed, installed. Fuel feed lines and filter installed. Seats being assembled w/ custom (-mom- sewn) Faux- Leather & Demim covers and heated panels.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals