• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

problems with new control arms

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
:bawling::bawling::bawling: so tomorrow is install day i have the bushing sleeves, tie rod extenders, the only thing im missing is extended brake, this problem is pwning me and holding up everything including some sick pics pleeeeeeeeeeeease help!!:buttkick:

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
so finally after getting over countless problems and through 10 hours of work i finally got it done and i think it looks pretty bitchen

:yahoo::headbang:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
:woot:
awesome work man!!!
looking beasty!:headbang:
what tire size ure running ?
i need to do something like that to mine lol

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i got my extended stainless steel brake lines from james duff (www.jamesduff.com) i also got all my poly chassis bushings (front axle pivots, sway bar bushings, rear spring pivot bushings) and traction bars thru them as well for my 92 2.3 2wd ranger. they were pretty cheap too, i want to say 69 or 79.95? that was all 3 of them as well, driver front/passenger front and replacement rear (replaces the rubber one behind the tank to the axle.) i have yet to install all of this waiting on better weather.

Last edited:

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
thanks dude all this waiting and work finally paid off, the only thing i need is some stainless steel lines and some shocks with a bit more travel, the fabtech ones i got work for now but are limiting my travel due to their size, on the front ive got 32''s and on the back i believe ive got 33''s.
you should totally do it, the handling ive gained is totally worth it but ill really be testing it on the 25th @ ocotillo wells:D:D

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
im trying to find those brake lines can you post a link on the james duff website please

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
thanks dude all this waiting and work finally paid off, the only thing i need is some stainless steel lines and some shocks with a bit more travel, the fabtech ones i got work for now but are limiting my travel due to their size, on the front ive got 32''s and on the back i believe ive got 33''s.
you should totally do it, the handling ive gained is totally worth it but ill really be testing it on the 25th @ ocotillo wells:D:D
yeah ill see what i can do remember that i must go custom way lol :icon_welder:
now that i saw your pics i have a better idea of how to build an A-arm :icon_thumby:

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
That looks great now I really what some ext. arms for my truck. when you are ready to sell those let me know. Or I can trad you my fabtech arms

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i think it looks great i cant do that since i have ttb (93 model 4wd). the only thing that puzzles me is how are you going to get the rear end just as wide as the front?
heres the link: http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/drivetrain.html

and where to order them: http://www.getduffstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3932

you may want to call them and make sure they will fit the 99 truck, as i have ordered them for my 92 and they say they fit. has factory brass screw in fittings as well for easy fitment.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
excellent dude! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw "craigslist" in your OP

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
i think it looks great i cant do that since i have ttb (93 model 4wd). the only thing that puzzles me is how are you going to get the rear end just as wide as the front?
i havent really decided yet, right now i still have limited slip so i figure i can probably find another axle at a junkyard and work on fixing that up with like maybe 4:56 gears and posi but thats a long ways away so ill just have to live with it for now but i still think its pretty bitchen:bling:
the only issue im having right now is a thumping noise i keep hearing when i go over bumps, i think ive narrowed it down to either being: my shock bottoming out or a bushing that wasnt greased properly

:icon_confused:

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
excellent dude! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw "craigslist" in your OP
yeah it sketched me out too, especially when i had to drive and hour away just to look at em, but when i found out how much i spent(470) compared to how much everything is online everything new is(1220) i think i got a pretty good steal(saved 750)

upper and lower arms-150
shocks-120
tie rod extenders-50
ball joints-80
bushings-50
sleeves-20
the smile i get everytime i see my truck
priceless:yahoo:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
did you check the link to those brake lines buddy?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
yeah it sketched me out too, especially when i had to drive and hour away just to look at em, but when i found out how much i spent(470) compared to how much everything is online everything new is(1220) i think i got a pretty good steal(saved 750)

upper and lower arms-150
shocks-120
tie rod extenders-50
ball joints-80
bushings-50
sleeves-20
the smile i get everytime i see my truck
priceless:yahoo:
wow that's excellent. I wish my control arm swap had gone as smoothly. I just tried to replace my shocks last night and the lower shock mount bolt just snapped right off of the LCA. P.O.S. Dorman... :damnit1:
now i have to take them back off, cut out the shock mount studs (which are welded to the lca) and replace them with some real steel. :bawling:

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
yeah my swap was fairly easy, the new arms didnt have studs so i could kindve choose what bolt to use(luckily i had exactly 4 with nuts) a big problem i did have was when i got my fabtech shocks they didnt come with the piece of steel that connects the shock to the lca studs, and my stock one was waaaay fatter than the fabtech one and also the fabtech shocks were concaved in the middle so there was no way i could get the lca piece of steel to fit in the fabtech bushing they provided so i had to spend like 3 hours just trying to get the damn thing to fit:mad:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals