• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pinging under medium to heavy throttle

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
its not that hard to add in the wire to your existing harness and make the code go away, basically the computer is looking for 12 volts on one pin in the connector. the pin isnt used on the 87 harness and its cake to add it. I cant remember off the top of my head what the pin # is though and its a bit after 2 am so im not going to look right now, but if you want I can check it in the am and let you know.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
WAAHOOO...PTL. Glad you figured it out!!! SO now your timing isn't hunting with the spout in?? or not nearly as much anyway. IS there a different TPS for later models with out the EGR 88'>??
Checked timing again today and the timing is nice and steady! Still getting the 95 code for the fuel pressure.

...the pin isnt used on the 87 harness and its cake to add it. I cant remember off the top of my head what the pin # is though and its a bit after 2 am so im not going to look right now, but if you want I can check it in the am and let you know.
That would be great, if you would please! Went to the wreckers today and all the harness' have been hacked by idiots removing other parts. :temper:

Last edited:

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Alright just got in from pullin all the unnecessary wires out of the engine harnes....what a pita. About halfway done. Have to finish this another day.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Pulling up all the engine management wiring diagrams today....it's beautiful day out so may as well get this done. That and my temp reg only lasts so long.

Got an Alldata subscription for my 1987 Ranger....lookin for 1988 4x4 diagrams too....

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Got the two wiring diagrams this morning and laid them all out. Looks like all I have to add after removing all the EGR, a4ld, and knock sensor wires is one wire!

O/LB (orange/light blue stripe) wire from the from the fuel pump relay to pin #8 on the EEC, this should get rid of my 95 code and make it just about ready to go to the smog ref station.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Forgot to update....PASSED smog and it runs great........with all my re-wiring and a new catalyst. Thanks to all who helped!!! :)

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
WAAHOOO...PTL. Glad you figured it out!!! SO now your timing isn't hunting with the spout in?? or not nearly as much anyway. IS there a different TPS for later models with out the EGR 88'>??
BTW, yes 1988 TPS is a different part number than 1987. I of course switched all my parts to 1988.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals