• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PCM tuning

Theichelberger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hello so I was curious if there was a company out there that could swap out the automatic transmission tune on my PCM for a manual transmission tune. The reason why I want to do this is because I'm swapping the automatic transmission out of my 2000 ford ranger for a manual transmission. I would just swap the PCM from a ranger that had a manual transmission in it, however the VIN on the PCM has to match the VIN on the vehicle or it won't pass the state inspection. So long story short, is there a company that can swap the automatic tune on my PCM with a manual tune, while keeping the VIN on the PCM?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, you can do either, delete Auto software or change VIN on manual trans computer to match your VIN

Check with Local Speed shops they either program Ford PCMs or they know people that do locally

And you can usually order a new PCM with your VIN added to it, but in a 2000 Ranger you will run into a problem with PATS with a new PCM
1999/2000 Ranger used type B PATS, separate PATS module above glove box, the PATS module and PCM are "married", look up RSA encryption, but I think you can "re-marry" them using Forscan, but not sure
You can order new PCM with VIN match and no PATS

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals