• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Part# for bracket that holds flex brake line at rear

SteveH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,

The bracket that holds the joint between the flex and steel brake lines at the rear axle has totally disintegrated on my '98 Ranger. I think this bracket is bolted to the frame by the same bolt that holds the suspension bump stop. I think it may also have clip with it it (that holds the hosts)

I'm replacing all the brake lines, and need this bracket and clip. Does anyone know if it's available new (and what the part number is), or know where I can get a decent used one?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I replaced the one on my 88 about five years ago and it was available through a few places...it's just a joint connector with a bracket...and I don't think it is connected to anything else since it is a critical part for the brakes...so it may look like it is attached to something or something may be bolted underneath of the frame but I'd say it's not likely...

The exact part name or number I'm not sure of, but any parts guy or girl worth their pay will be able to look it up based on the year and model...the on-line resource manual may have the part name but not sure...will check it...

EDIT: Sorry, no specifics on the part name for that in the on-line manual...but I'm sure someone on here will have the name and maybe even a part number if they've recently done it themselves...

Last edited:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Yah, that crumbled on me when I was replacing the hard lines. I tied it off with lashing twine. This is old school, pre-cable ties phone company stuff. A double strand is about 300 pound test. Like mechanic's wire , but it doesn't rust.

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Dunno the bracket part number, but here's a photo. Yes, it's held on by the same bolt as the bump-stop. It's just a simple bracket of flat steel, with an almost-hexagon shaped hole (1 peak is missing) for brake-hose orientation . The spring-clip that holds the hose onto bracket is also hard to find (N/A at Ford dealer) but it's "h1457-2" at oreilly.com

http://i.imgur.com/TTwbg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2sywR.jpg

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Definitely not the same as the earlier ones...but it looks like just a strap of metal with a hole drilled in it and the coupling fits through...so if you needed to you could probably make one up easy enough...

Cvar yours looks much better in the second pic...I guess you had a bit of work to clean up the frame...

SteveH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys. As suggested, I dropped by the Ford dealers (first time, and I've owned the truck 6 years...). Having found the info I was looking for, thought I'd add it to thread in case anyone else ever needs it:

The bracket is available: Original part number TZ-2073-A, now replaced by: 5Z-2073-AA

I've ordered from the dealer (the parts guy was really helpful), but it's available for about 1/2 the price from fordpartsgiant.com

The fastener is not available from Ford though;I'll try that O'reilly link

Thanks again

Steve

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
looks much better in the second pic...I guess you had a bit of work to clean up the frame...
Amazing what a wire-wheel can do! Undercoating is next! :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals