• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One amazing old Ford

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
Wow, I dont even know what to say. The skill, time and attation to detail involed in a project like that is crazy.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Complete frame off restoration of a model A ford. For racing, tops out at 200MPH, according to dyno printout.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Wow, it's amazing what can be done when one has the right tools and a nice shop, and the skill and dedication. That's what my Dad does all day, except at the moment it's a 69 Boss 302, not a Model A, They should have made it 4WD! jk

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Unreal. I know they made most of 'em, but wonder where they got some of those parts?!!

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Though I haven't seen those pictures, I find it excruciatingly hard to believe that a flathead 4banger powering a brick can do 200 MPH. If it doesn't have a flathead 4banger, it's not a Model A, and the project is certainly not a "restoration."

And a dyno sheet doesn't tell you top speed. Wind resistance is dominant over about 50 MPH.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Even if it could go 200 mph, I'm not sure I would want to go that fast with that suspension setup. They did a beautiful job on it though, I especially like the rims.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think i just busted in my pats:icon_thumby:

281Ranger

September STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 dohc
Transmission
Automatic
Top speed is 200 kilometers per hour, or 125 mph. That thing is a work of art. The wheels alone are amazing. It's powered by a Ford Cosworth DBA rally 4 cylinder that's made to look like it could be a stock engine. Only the interior and exterior were restored to stock. The rest is like the wheels, amazing.

Check out the video. I couldn't help but giggle a little. This thing is the ultimate sleeper.

http://www.mat.fi/n_index.php?nav=gallery_video&video=video_a_ford_fast_version.flv&g=13

dirtsquirt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 2005
Make / Model
ford And jeep
Engine Size
2.9 And 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Very nicely done i must agree, those guys are pro's drafted plans for CNC machines. Would be nice to have a shop set up like that Couple million should do it

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
That's the most bitchin model A I've ever seen. The cosworth 4 banger sounds wicked.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Top speed is 200 kilometers per hour, or 125 mph. That thing is a work of art. The wheels alone are amazing. It's powered by a Ford Cosworth DBA rally 4 cylinder that's made to look like it could be a stock engine. Only the interior and exterior were restored to stock. The rest is like the wheels, amazing.

Check out the video. I couldn't help but giggle a little. This thing is the ultimate sleeper.

http://www.mat.fi/n_index.php?nav=gallery_video&video=video_a_ford_fast_version.flv&g=13
They had it in Hot Rod magizine, they even have it set up to drop every fourth fire at idle, so it still kinda stumbles around like the original Model T engine.

It is incredible what they did, which is making a Model T into a fairly modern car and making it look like it came that way from the factory.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
That is just amazing. Such much time and effort put in it. Even thou it is not a restoration, but a build-up. Just to make it look like stock from every bolt is truely amazing. They even used chicken wire for the roof, which is orignal.

My relatives in Kansas have a orginal Model A Ford. Still runs and its something to aww at times. Truely something about the vintage cars that brings a tear to some.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals