• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Offical Knife discussion/picture thread

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe, but unfortunately scissors don't clip to my jeans quite as nicely.

ALways been a Spyderco and Benchmade fan, but I have been carrying a Gerber for the last few months that is not bad. Liner lock though, and like others I'm not the biggest fan, but it's grown on me.
I like the liner locks. Easiest one hand operation in my opinion. Would like to try a benchmade with the axis lock though. Only lock I can't stand is a lock back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I like the liner locks. Easiest one hand operation in my opinion. Would like to try a benchmade with the axis lock though. Only lock I can't stand is a lock back.

The Axis is SWEET...I have a couple with it.
Spyderco has a similar lock too...can't remember the name right now...but...

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, if he's pulling a fixed blade...

IslandBlue01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, looks like quite a few people here like the idea of a good knife!

I have always liked Kershaw knives and have never had a problem with them or their warranty service if I ever needed it. So I decided to check out some of their budget folders in the 20 dollar range. So here's some pictures and a brief review of some new (some old) Kershaws in my collection.

First off is the Kershaw Drone. An assisted open flipper with a stone washed blade. You can buy these right now at Cabela's for 12 bucks! Decent knife with Kershaw's superior heat treated 8cr13mov steel. Bought it for a present for my brother in law.

Next is the Needs Work. My first assisted open knife. It's small and ugly but my old lady uses it daily. It puts up with it and holds an excellent edge with 8cr13mov.

Here's the Nerve which I freaking love. G10 Machined scales and a thumb plate! 20 bucks pretty much everywhere....

Got this at Cabela's for under 18. Sweet little pot bellied knife with G10 scales. Kershaw named this one the Zero Tension. It does have an extremely similar brother named the Tension. Maybe an updated model?

Lastly I final replaced my beat up Super Tool 300 with the Leatherman Rebar Stainless. It's also available in a black oxide finish that looks sick!

So there you have it a little update of my collection with some excellent choices of knives for around 20 bucks. All of which have Kershaw's awesome 8cr13mov steel. This may seem like a deal breaker for most considering how terrible most brands' 8cr13mov is. Believe me though compared to Spyderco and Benchmade Kershaw has much superior heat treat with this steel. My Kershaws hold an edge 4 times longer than my Tenacious.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I will have to grab a pic but my EDC is a SOG Flash II gen1

Where the hell is Topher????

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Amber Alert - Missing Topher

OK - I'll play, here's the knives I have in my bathroom and closet.
Pic #1:

Left to right - welded up USN knife, Sweedish Erik Frost with antler handles, Dexter carbon steel w/ rosewood handles, one my dad made for me - I've got another but couldn't find it quickly, Swiss army lockback w/corkscrew and bottle opener.
Pic #2:

a crazy-ass French knife that looks remarkably like a dick, Buck 501, Buck 503, Swiss Army "Waiter", Another SA with the Bavarian flag, another SA with aluminum sides that is about as thick as a half dollar and various others - Case, Schrade, Old Henry etc.

My favorites are:

The big Swiss Army is something I take when I go hunting/shooting etc. The SA Waiter is what I travel with so I can open beer and wine. The Buck 503 is what rides with me every day (unless I'm flying.) I had one for years, lost it, got this one and love it. It's well made, sleek, holds a great edge. Not for hacking into game or anything, but its a sweet little knife.

Now, do you want to see what I've got in the kitchen? I'm a knife freak - I've always been that way.

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Amber Alert - Missing Topher

OK - I'll play, here's the knives I have in my bathroom and closet.
Pic #1:

Left to right - welded up USN knife, Sweedish Erik Frost with antler handles, Dexter carbon steel w/ rosewood handles, one my dad made for me - I've got another but couldn't find it quickly, Swiss army lockback w/corkscrew and bottle opener.
Pic #2:

a crazy-ass French knife that looks remarkably like a dick, Buck 501, Buck 503, Swiss Army "Waiter", Another SA with the Bavarian flag, another SA with aluminum sides that is about as thick as a half dollar and various others - Case, Schrade, Old Henry etc.

My favorites are:

The big Swiss Army is something I take when I go hunting/shooting etc. The SA Waiter is what I travel with so I can open beer and wine. The Buck 503 is what rides with me every day (unless I'm flying.) I had one for years, lost it, got this one and love it. It's well made, sleek, holds a great edge. Not for hacking into game or anything, but its a sweet little knife.

Now, do you want to see what I've got in the kitchen? I'm a knife freak - I've always been that way.
I'll take the FLUKE to go with my meter. After Christmas is fine...no rush. Lol

CountryBoy704

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my bm940 is my favorite, gotta love that axis lock! looking to get a manix 2 soon :icon_thumby:

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my bm940 is my favorite, gotta love that axis lock! looking to get a manix 2 soon :icon_thumby:
I have a Manix 2 translucent blue FRCP right now and LOVE it. My paws are a little big so I'll be getting a new titanium and G-10 one soon!

IslandBlue01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I currently own a Manic XL and I love that thing. Locks rock solid nice large bellied S30V blade. You really can't go wrong with one of those!

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I have a lot more than this but here's some of my favorites that I have of a few varieties

First and foremost is my benchmade volli - this thing is hands down my favorite knife I've ever dealt with let alone owned. This will probably remain as my EDC until the day that I die! It's light, yet durable and substantial feeling when being used. It's very grippy, the assisted open is extremely snappy, I trust the axis lock that benchmade makes over any other type of lock out there. The s30v holds a freaking razor edge through just about anything I choose to cut. And you just can't beat benchmade's service!

Next I have my leatherman OHT
This is nice because it's durable and useful (like any leatherman) but the real thing I like about it is that everything is one-hand operable and all of the little tools have liner locks. Still too bulky for an edc but that's just leatherman IMO

The cobalt hunting knife is okay I guess... I honestly use my benchmade in its place but I wanted to throw a fixed blade in its place so yeah.. There that is

My little SOG key knife was purchased as a joke but damn that little thing is useful!! Holds an edge pretty well for a $15 knife!!

Last but not least is the craftsman with the razor blade. It's cheap and all but it's solid! Plus I can restore the blade 100% in a matter of seconds - let's see your knife do that ;) not a bad little thing to keep around the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I got this one.

Only 8 bucks, razor sharp, strong, and in black.

01BaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

This is my baby

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I carry a gun for which to defend myself and whatever fellow citizens are within sight or hearing.

For a knife, I have poultry shears--chicken scissors. It's 2 knives that hook together and are sharp as hell--cut anything. They have a notch at the base that snaps bone with just a kiss of force. You can unhook them and do a double ninja slash and stab move if you want to. Deadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpGmghFqL5Y

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals