• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('02-'11) Occasional stalling after clutch depressed

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
The trucks done this since I brought it home, didn't happen on the test drive of course -_-

Anyways, occasionally.. after I depress the clutch and start coasting the idle will dip low enough to stall out. I can save it from stalling if I "blip" the throttle as its coming down In revs between 1000 and 500, but even then.. Once it comes down again it's a little rough for a second.

The problem is worse if the a/c is on.

Possibly related(?)- I've noticed that on cold starts, if I start to move before the idle has come down (using just the high idle, no gas pedal) when I press the clutch back in the revs will jump to 3k and pretty much stay there until I start to move again or until the motor would naturally come off high idle itself.

IAC valve possibly? Or vacuum leak somewhere? Never had a check engine light on and everything else is fine (besides the a/c compressor being "on" regardless of hvac knob position, and having to be unplugged when not in use or else it'll kill the battery)

I DONT have a vacuum guage. It's on the list.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals