• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not real safe like.....

phatcap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
nice truck and all but i HIGHLY doubt you got +5 hp from that intake let alone 25...there's no way you can add that kind of horsepower to these engines without doing some internal work (cam, port & polish, etc., etc.).

Combs Customs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 1993 /19
Make / Model
Ford / Ford / F
Engine Size
4.0L / 4.0L /4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Your swaybar is supposed to be LEVEL. You need to flip the sway bar brackets back over and maybe get some longer endlinks. I had a '92 Ranger reg. cab / longbed. Lowered with the 3" dream beams. I ended up with either 1 or 2 endlinks off a 4x4 truck, because they were a little longer, and cleared the top of the steering linkage.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
You don't need drop coils for drop beams. The beams are built to correct the spindle mounting point only. Your truck has NO idea that the drop beams are on.

Any time you pull the suspension apart, an alignment is in order. Either you attempt it yourself or you go to a shop. Installing new balljoints means alignment. If you do new coils, alignment. If you change out tie-rods, alignment should be done unless you know everything was right before hand and you measured the distances.

Eccentrics will correct most 2" coil changes. Sometimes you can get away with more of a drop by cutting coils, but never make cutting coils the first method. Cut 1/4 coil at a time and re-install. Never cut more then a 1/2 coil off and expect the ride to be the same or be able to get it into specs. Some people get lucky, I am not saying it "can't" work. Just try doing it right first.

To the OP, why won't your sway bar mounts work in the stock location? I am dropped 5/6 and the only thing I did to the front was flip the sway sway bar IIRC. I know my sway bar looks just like it did stock, its just a bigger aftermarket bar. I used chassi tech beams and coils from AIM. I can not run stock 225/70/14 tires on the front of my truck w/o rubbing.

I was told to let my coils settle for 6-8 weeks since my truck was driving fairly straight.

There are a lot of opinions on the best way to drop these trucks. These opinions are based on personal experience from generally one truck. Each persons opinion is different on what is "OK" for ride quality. If you want to have a truck that can be aligned for sure, buy the aftermarket eccentrics and then beams and/or coils. If that is not low enough for you, plan on taking chances for ride quality and alignment specs.

My truck has 3" beams and 2" coils up front and 6" drop leaves out back. I have helwig sway bars front and rear. I am running KYB MonoMax stock length shocks up front and Toxic shocks the proper length in the rear. I have also cut my bump stops in 1/2 and I do not have a c-notch in the frame. To me, the truck rides stiff but not uncomfortable. To most others, its a very stiff ride around town and bumps are harsh. The highway ride is surprisingly smooth for most people but you do feel the expansion joints. It handles very well through the turns and will surprise most people. I feel more secure pushing limits in my truck then I do in my wife's 2005 Subaru Outback.

It's your truck, build it safely and correctly. If you do, you'll enjoy years of driving it.

James

ghost_rader

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
theres part of your problem. your accentric bushings were set for your original springs and beams. no 2 springs or beams are exactly the same. dropping the bushings in the same way they came out doesnt work.

your truck might be alignable with stock height springs and drop beams, the only way to see is to take it into a shop. if it isnt, you need to get the springs that match your beams (ie. if they are 4" drop beams, you need 4" drop springs). this way will be alignable. or you could put your stock beams back in with stock springs.
wow i think you need to be schooled in drop beams. if you have 4" drop beams, the spindles are moved 4" up and the spring and the shock are kept at stock height. danger, your setp is fine. wikid has no idea about static drop components aparently. you can get about 3 deg of adjustment with different bushings, so if you go for an alignment and they can't get it perfect, they can get bushings sent over from the local autoparts shop to correct it. and more than likely the pull is from your alignment.

wikid, not to be mean, but if you don't know, don't make it up, and don't get mean when someone asks a question. we all don't have money to through around like its nothing so if people are iffy about getting somthing done just by what someone says, its understandable especially if the person telling them what to do doesn't really know what to do.
(just my .02)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals