• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Noob from S.E. PA

90RangerDPJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V-6
Transmission
Manual
Hi all, newbie here.
Stumbled onto this site while searching for info on my '90 Ranger, found
the info I was looking for (which manual transmission) in a pretty informative
chart of possibilities for the models and years.

As a Ranger owner this seemed like a VERY good site to join, so
that was a no-brainer. :icon_thumby:

Actually the 90 isn't my first Ranger, I owned an F- series '73 Ranger in the late 1970's - was a nice looking two tone brown/yellow exterior, with a 302 V-8 and a 3 speed column shifter. Comfy ride, good pep, but had some rust issues and also started to have problems with the clutch or shifter, (can't even remember details :dunno:) so I traded it in for an E-350 maxi van.

As to the Ranger I presently own - It had one previous owner for the first 11 years of it's life, and with approx. 110,000 miles looked super clean for it's age and miles. Since I was 2nd dibs on getting it, the presence of a 5- speed manual rather than an auto is why I got to have it.
I knew the original owner, so the regular oil changes and garage kept history were credible and helped with deciding to take it for $2,500 (I believe the book value on it at that time as around 4,500). I was quite happy to have a 4x4 in decent shape, for low money, to use for all around plus use for beach travel in my mobile surf fishing hobby.

Now, I've had the thing for over 9 years and put over 150,000 of my own miles on it, so it's very high milage at around 260,000 + miles. It's gonna be having it's share of issues if I'm going to be able to keep it on the road , I've done a lot of maintenence along the way notably a new clutch at approx. 160,000 + miles, and new rear leaf springs and perches last year. I'll be starting a topic on some current problems in your forums.
BTW - despite some rust that's been developing, it's still a decent looking truck (will try to get a pic up-loaded) - two tone blue/silver seperated with a pinstripe, matching blue cap for back, and "bullet" style aluminum wheels, so I'm kind of hoping I can continue to solve the issues and take this truck to 300,000! :D

jhammel85

Sounds like a good truck man, Keep the 2.9's alive!!

Where at in South East PA? I'm in south NJ and I work in Aston PA (Delaware county)

Last edited:

90RangerDPJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V-6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks jhammel,
I'm a few miles north of Valley Forge, Central Montco area.
Let's see if I can get manage to get a couple of pic's posted here...

Both images are a few years old (around 07), I'll be putting some current pics in the forums of the rust thats appearing on the left rear fender - fixing this before it gets any worse is one of my issues, as well as a couple of mechanical ones.

Sighman

04/2011 & 04/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals