• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No start after disconnecting vacuum lines!

Rooster58

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all. I have a 03 Ranger Edge that I have an issue with. I rebuilt the engine in it and after reinstalling the engine, I had it running for about 20 minutes. While it was running I accidentally knocked off the connector that supplies vacuum to the ABS system, the vacuum canister and the fuel pressure dampner. The engine died immediately. I reinstalled the vacuum connector, but now the truck won’t start! After checking things, it’s seem like the fuel pump and injectors are not getting the negative signal from the computer. Anyone have any ideas? It’s also not showing any codes.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You pulled out/off an electrical connection, what you describe with vacuum system wouldn't cause engine to stall or not start

So disconnect and reconnect any electrical connection you can see in engine bay

Rooster58

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You pulled out/off an electrical connection, what you describe with vacuum system wouldn't cause engine to stall or not start

So disconnect and reconnect any electrical connection you can see in engine bay
It was not an electrical connector. It is the vacuum connector right behind the throttle body, on the drivers side. There are 3 vacuum hoses that go into the slip on connector.

Rooster58

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It was not an electrical connector. It is the vacuum connector right behind the throttle body, on the drivers side. There are 3 vacuum hoses that go into the slip on connector.
It is the bottom arrow in this pic.

173C40C8-3F4D-4C48-815D-45DF995AD9DD.gif

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
What ron is saying is, you probably knocked an electrical connection loose at the same time you knocked the vacuum line loose. There's no correlation between that vacuum connection and anything that would cause an electrical issue so look around where you were fiddling to see if there's a broken or loose connector somewhere.

Rooster58

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have checked and rechecked all electrical connectors, they are all good. I have a few more things I am going to check today.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals