• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newest year model of seats I can swap into my 1996 ranger

sebastian323

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hell, I am looking for the newest model year of ranger I can swap seats into my 1996 XLT. I want to retain the current seat style which has a folding arm-rest.

1683444886181.png

Danno1985

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
I would assume everything up through the final year (2011) would be interchangeable. That being said I feel like the fabric in the older seats (and the center console) was way nicer, so if your upholstery isn't too trashed it might be worth it to just refurb your existing seats by replacing the foam. Amazingly, OEM seat bottom cushions are still available and aren't outrageously expensive, and I should probably get one because after owning three of these trucks, it feels like the seats are designed to last exactly 100k before developing a well in the back of the lower cushion that just destroys my lower back on long drives. 🙄

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You have whats called a 60/40 seat

Yes, if you retain your seat brackets, you can bolt any other years 60/40 seats to those

After 2000 or so Ford started to spot weld brackets to seats, cheaper than bolts, lol, but not hard to cut off
But other 60/40 extended cab seat brackets should fit your cab, so you can use the brackets that come with the new seats, but keep your brackets until your sure
Regular Cab brackets won't fit, but seats are OK to use

Good site to look for used parts: https://www.car-part.com/

Use YOUR zipcode

A new window will pop up, select "Non-Interchange search using only Ford Ranger", 1996-2011

If there is a picture click on it, there will usually be a picture of interior

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals