• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Owner From SoCal !

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hello My Name Is Troy And I will Be Picking up my Ranger Soon !

Thought I Would Share Some pictures of it and share me and my Wifes Plans for it ! :D

It is a Red 1987 Reg. Cab Short Bed 2.3L 5-Speed,

It's not in the greatest shape but Me and My Wife want to restore it using LMC Truck Parts, I am Going to Lower it 2 Inches (not too Much) I just wanted a little Lower stance for it. So Anyways it needs Paint, I'll use the factory paint and restore the interior to like new.

As far as the Exterior Of the truck, Being that it will be lowered, I will install a Roll-pan and make the tailgate Completely flush with it. I'll add in a spray-in Bedliner and A front Lower Valance With fog lights. I want to Install Upgraded Headlights (H-4) and replace all reflector lenses and Running Lights.

I think I Want to have the Wheels That I have stay on the truck Because they are TRUE Crager's !! Back from 1987 !! They Are period correct I guess LOL.

As for the Motor, it has a Rebuilt 2.3L it needs a fuel pump to get it running so that's first on the list. I'm Currently looking for an 87-88 2.3L Turbo Motor to swap in because a Turbo Truck Will make it That Much more FUN !!

Well Guys Thanks For reading my Lengthy First Post And Thanks for Having such A GREAT Site !!!!

Now on to the pics (I'll get better ones when it gets home :yahoo:

Troy

Tommy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Really like the wheels really hate the boxes with paddle locks on them mainly the paddle locks.

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
LOL, Boxes Are Coming OFF !! They Are Ugly and I won't use them at all.... I figure i'll sell them cheap to someone who will use them and use whatever money I get from them on the truck.

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I actually have some Powdercoated Mazda 3 Wheels I want to put on this Truck once I get it lowered, I think it will look great !!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals