Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none but it is a convertible
Tire Size
stock
i finally have the mustang disc brake conversion ready to go in the 88 ranger. i'm swapping the whole axle from an 89 ranger in so i set up the discs on it and plan to just roll the whole unit under the truck. once the wrenching, bleeding and swearing are done, should i expect to have to put a bigger master cylinder in? the fronts are 96 ranger calipers and the rears will be 2002 mustang calipers. the current (and 6 month old) master has the .94 bore and the truck has power brakes

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

Dav

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger xlt
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none but it is a convertible
Tire Size
stock
Well, plans change. i didn't swap the axle. i did put the mustang disc's on the 88. broke a bleeder off and trashed the threads in the caliper trying to remove it. got a caliper from the u-pull and bled the system. have only moved the truck 20 feet and only stepped on the brake pedal twice doing it. sounds like a trash truck coming to a stop sign. not a squeal but a deep groaning noise.
come the weekend or dry weather i will start trying to figure this out. i have the squeal brackets on so i might have to remove them.