• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New JOB!!!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well since october 2006 i have been working for a local Ford dealer as a Technician. Recently on a trip to the local junk yard after work to source some sploder parts, the owner offered me a job.....outta the blue! He gave me some time to think it over, and after a week i figured salaried work, with benefits is MUCH better than rate work without. No diagnosis, no paper work, no putting crap back together. Hopefully itll be a good thing for me to help lower some stress levels that i am currently experiencing, as well as help me rebuild the savings that has long since been depleted. Wish me luck! :icon_thumby:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
sweet... i have always thought a gig at a j/y would be awesome... but most of the yards around here are awfully muddy. not to mention being cold in the winter. anyways good luck!!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You left the Dealership to work at the JY?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah, dealerships arent all that great to work for, dont get me wrong it was a great gig for a while, but i need steady pay and less stress. I had gone as far as they seemed to want to let me go, so now at least maybe i can move up the ladder some and maybe ill start to hate fixing my own broke junk a little less. Here lately we get more and more broke down junk that people wanna make chicken salad from chicken $#!t, and when they find out how much it costs to fix it they take it to joe schmo and he reaps the rewards of my hard diagnosis labor.

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, dealerships arent all that great to work for, dont get me wrong it was a great gig for a while, but i need steady pay and less stress. I had gone as far as they seemed to want to let me go, so now at least maybe i can move up the ladder some and maybe ill start to hate fixing my own broke junk a little less. Here lately we get more and more broke down junk that people wanna make chicken salad from chicken $#!t, and when they find out how much it costs to fix it they take it to joe schmo and he reaps the rewards of my hard diagnosis labor.
thats very true my aunts shop has gotten several ppl who had their trucks at the stealership and because of the price they wanted to fix the truck with they came to a local shop for a cheaper price. and you cant really blame them for that but as you yourslef can see it hurts the stealerships guys like you and that sucks. but on the bright side you got a better job from what it sounds like and good luck to you on that

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I take it you were on commission then?

P.McKenna

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice job man, hope everything works out for you:icon_thumby:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yep, commission is a PITA when work is come and go, they come and let us figure it out then go to general cheapo to fix it....

2813josh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6,4.0
Transmission
Manual
Yeah flat rate SUCKs when there's no work

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yep, commission is a PITA when work is come and go, they come and let us figure it out then go to general cheapo to fix it....
Ya no doubt. Commission is a PITA when you're not getting any business.

TheBeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 1970
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I work on the back counter of a dealership, doing body shop and service. I see that crap all the time. I used to work at a junkyard before coming to here. The one that I worked for, I love the guy that owned it, I was his gopher of sorts. He let me use my truck out there, and I made decent money for a young guy. Then his wife became a bitch to me and I left. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
A job in a J/Y is freaking awsome! Just don't be that guy that cuts the frame in half to get a Transfer case out of it for a customer. That pissed me off so much when I needed a frame for my 59 ford. Good luck with it! Bet you will have a cool explorer when it is all said and done!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats!

Do you get a discount on parts?

TheBeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 1970
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats!

Do you get a discount on parts?
Most of the time they let you have anything thats not to big. IE engine, trans, axle etc. Usually you can get that stuff for peanuts though.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I'm happy for you bro!

Now if I only had better luck find a job!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals