• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New here

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just stopping by to introduce myself here.

Recently last week i bought a '04 Ranger, stepped down from an f150 after selling to finance a house later next year.

So here's my new truck :D

And the new wheels and tires i just picked up for the Ranger, they came off an Explorer. Tires are P255-70R-16.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Welcome to TRS!

Nice truck! I want that cap!!!!! where can I get one?
haha. where you at?

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome also! Nice clean truck but never liked the shells where you had the blind spot when looking back on the right side. I'm with Ranger Kip, where you at, general location works. There could be people on the next block on the site right now.
Dave

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just updated the location, but i plan on moving by january to Acworth, Ga., its just above Atlanta.

Yea, the cap is an ARE & was a big selling point for me! I wanted this to transform into a camping type truck and the double door cap was high on my list to get. I'm going working on fixing it up to be a camping style truck for weekend getaways for when i move north.

Your right on the blind side, it takes some getting used to when backing out of the driveway. But for the utility of the bed i can live with it, if not i'll looking into some towing mirrors to get a better view of whats in the back.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
You might wanna add some of the first gen mirrors, they are larger and extend further.
If you are ever need northern PA, look me up!

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the tip on those mirrors, I'll have to look them up.

Thanks on the offer, but Northern PA. is a far cry from my usual places to go lol.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
If you want to improve the appearance, you could swap in a chrome grille from a XLT Ranger.

87broncoboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Hey im new too. i took a more rugged approach with an 87 BII 4x4. Nice truck though, how is th mpg with that?

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
If you want to improve the appearance, you could swap in a chrome grille from a XLT Ranger.
Not much into flashy type upgrades, its gotta have a purpose for me to spend cash for it.

Hey im new too. i took a more rugged approach with an 87 BII 4x4. Nice truck though, how is th mpg with that?
Just got the trucks tank low enough to go fill'er up and find out, Its been killing me to see the results. The engines a 3.0 v6 so i'm hoping its low 20's at least.

I was looking at some BII's pretty hard as i liked the idea of one sitting next to my fsb, after selling my '05 F150 I was driviing my old '85 Bronco around. Even picked up some '97 F350 axles to throw under it (dana 60 & 10.25). But it doesn't have A/C, PW,PL, or a stereo....plus the straight 6 and 4 speed tranny was getting to be a pita to drive these florida roads with.

I'm starting to throw the idea around about driving the Ranger till the engine goes and swap a 5.0 in and convert it to a 4x4 with those axles i picked up. It'll be a slow process, but i think i would have to get a 3" b/l to help with any clearance issues for the tranny.

87broncoboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
wow sound like you got some work ahead.

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just got the mpg on the truck, came in at 19.6 mpg. This tank was with lucas injector cleaner, so this next tank i will have a new fuel & air filter installed. I'm thinking the fuel filter is pretty dirty at 181k miles, truck didn't come with any documents for its maintenance history so i'm treating it like it never had it done. Gonna check the plugs also to see how they look.

wow sound like you got some work ahead.
Yea, but i doubt i'll get much done in a short amount of time. With my only days off on Tuesday and Thursday, i'm limited on the amount i can do while going to classes while studying and turning in papers.

spiderstc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I want to thank every body for letting me join I live in Lehighton Pa. and would like to know if brocoII fm146 well work in Ranger with out changing anything before I buy it thanks if anybody can help me with that.

Last edited:

spiderstc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
spiderstc;753148]I want to thank every body for letting me join I live in Lehighton Pa. and would like to know if brocoII em146 well work in Ranger with out changing anything before I buy it thanks if anybody can help me with that

Tikker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I want to thank every body for letting me join I live in Lehighton Pa. and would like to know if brocoII fm146 well work in Ranger with out changing anything before I buy it thanks if anybody can help me with that.
:icon_confused:

87broncoboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Just got the mpg on the truck, came in at 19.6 mpg. This tank was with lucas injector cleaner, so this next tank i will have a new fuel & air filter installed. I'm thinking the fuel filter is pretty dirty at 181k miles, truck didn't come with any documents for its maintenance history so i'm treating it like it never had it done. Gonna check the plugs also to see how they look.

Yea, but i doubt i'll get much done in a short amount of time. With my only days off on Tuesday and Thursday, i'm limited on the amount i can do while going to classes while studying and turning in papers.
thats not to bad. i take your younger? nice to see there is some younger guys on here. im getting ready to get my B2 lifted and prepared for a 4.0 swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals