• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New from Cali

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
only 31 in swampers?? 3in of lift with a t.bar crank will let you clear 33's easy (i am, toyo open country MT's) on 16x9 moto metal 951's. with 1in wheel spacers (moto metals backspacing offerings are lousy)

It looks like a nice truck hope its a manual (just because manuals are the best, lol)

Frank

Rangergirl19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya just 31s..gettin new tires soon and not sure what to get yet lol and ya its a manual only way to go lol

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Toyo Open Country MT's if your not poor..... if you are MasterCraft Courser CT's or MT's are beastes when it comes to low noise, and wear. I always order blemish tires.

Look into TreadWright Retreads as well........ yes they are retreads, but they are guaranteed to kick-ass.

I think Swampers in general suck on the hwy for a DD.

I'd like a set of Nitto Mud Grapplers...... they are nice too.
but if your really broke... nothing wrong with good ole Mud Dawgs or Buckshots. They are both highly underrated. If you go to a 33in tire you'll need to get your backspacing down to 3.75-3.5 in to accomodate width and clear rubbing.

Search T-Bar crank on here... if you haven't allready done it to level front end... but with it being a Ranger Edge, it shouldn't be too far from level.

Frank

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
welcome and get used to seeing this a lot:icon_thumby:!

:worthless:

84_Nor*Cal_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
welcome your defiantly in the right place here. nice truck

tom

Rangergirl19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thank you! ya im not too rich so im lookin for somethin inexpensive but still gets the job done lol

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
well if your looking for tires on a budget, dont get cheap brands. the best thing to do is go on craigslist and find a good set. i bought my BFG AT 35s on craigslist for $400 with rims that i later sold for $200. the tires had +95% tread. the tires alone cost $200 each brand new so a needless to say, i got a steal!

plus, 31s are an easy find anywhere cuz alot of jeep guys run them before they go BIG so just be patient to find what ur looking for at a awesome price.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i miss cali =[

Coyote

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya just 31s..gettin new tires soon and not sure what to get yet lol and ya its a manual only way to go lol
If you are NOT looking for monster tires, and want good handling without breaking the bank, buy a good set of used winter tires. The sticky-er rubber compound will give your truck the fastest cheapest handling upgrade. In fact, from regular tires to winters you will be able to FEEL an immediate increase in confidence.

Yes, the tires will wear out faster, but if you are not a hard driver, and if you get a good deal on used tires, the end result is a bonus!:icon_cheers:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
hey frankie, you really want a S10 don't cha
I just bought an S-10 and a blazer!!! holy crap, I got busted fast....... don't worry i saved some face, both are auto 2wd's
:thefinger:
http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75600

Frank

BTW don't run winter tire's they are about as lame as AT's off road they wont self clean... nobody wants a hardcore wheeler to handle just "so" on road just do some searching around and hunt up a good set of 32 or 33in M'T's

Last edited:

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
I just bought an S-10 and a blazer!!! holy crap, I got busted fast....... don't worry i saved some face, both are auto 2wd's
:thefinger:
http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75600

Frank

BTW don't run winter tire's they are about as lame as AT's off road they wont self clean... nobody wants a hardcore wheeler to handle just "so" on road just do some searching around and hunt up a good set of 32 or 33in M'T's
it depends on the design of the AT frank , i run 31 inch Kuhmo Road Venture AT's on the 97 and they self clean like a dream , and they arent to expensive in my book

and Rangergirl your truck should easily clear 32's , if not 33's

willievhook

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm a huge fan of the Toyo Open Country MT's if your not poor..... if you are MasterCraft Courser CT's or MT's are beastes when it comes to low noise, and wear. I always order blemish tires.

Look into TreadWright Retreads as well........ yes they are retreads, but they are guaranteed to kick-ass.

I think Swampers in general suck on the hwy for a DD.

I'd like a set of Nitto Mud Grapplers...... they are nice too.
but if your really broke... nothing wrong with good ole Mud Dawgs or Buckshots. They are both highly underrated. If you go to a 33in tire you'll need to get your backspacing down to 3.75-3.5 in to accomodate width and clear rubbing.

Search T-Bar crank on here... if you haven't allready done it to level front end... but with it being a Ranger Edge, it shouldn't be too far from level.

Frank

You can't forget about the Hankook Dynapro M/T's. Damn good tires, cheap, last forever, and they clean awesome. My buddy got a set on his Ranger bout 8 months ago, probably put on about 40,000 miles, and there's at least 60% tread left. He also has a 2wd, haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals