• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Needing a mechanic

DwayneD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everybody. I am hoping if you are a mechanic, or have experience with this that you will reply. I am not a mechanic at all. So I need some other peoples' input on the matter.

Truck: 1994 Mazda B4000 2wd aka Ford Ranger 4.0 automatic transmission.
For a while maybe a year or more. If I got in the truck and started to drive it without staying into it. The transmission would want to slip. Then it would catch and be good to go after 5 to 7 slips. Unless I had to stop harder than normal. If I got into it and was able to drive without stopping for maybe 2 or 3 miles. I would not have a problem. Anyway last October I got into the truck and it moved forward like 75 foot. Then it would not go forward again. The reverse work just fine.
I asked numerous people to help me understand what I should do with the truck and what was causes the forward gears to work. They all went over the basic is the fluid full, and what not. One person told me to take the pan off and see what was in it. If there was a lot of metal. Yeah the transmission was officially shot.
I came across a junkyard with a transmission for this generation. Went all the way to pick it up. My next task was for someone to do to the transplant. Since my friend's dad uses this particular shop, and has a Ford Ranger. He went by there, and asked the price. We had the truck towed over there. A day or two later the shop calls and says the truck is not right. The transmission was pouring out fluid. Call the Junkyard since I had a 30 day warranty. The Junkyard called the Shop. The Shop Owner explained they did the transplant, and realized it was shifting hard. They brought it back into the shop. Then preformed the maintenance on the used transmission. (They should have done that first.) By the Shop Owner saying this, the Junkyard said my warranty was voided. The Junkyard said if you can get it down here, and pay a fee we will get the truck right for you free of charge. Unless you need another transmission. So they came and got it. I got a call on Friday say the Torque Converter was not put in right, and somehow damaged the Pump. Therefore that explains why it was pouring out the fluid. So then they called back on Saturday saying the exhaust had been cut in half. However they are going to weld it back. (Apparently they could have just unbolted the exhaust.) I noticed it sounded louder at the shop.

ANY IDEA why the truck got to the point of now wanting to shift until it was hot? What would you do if you was in my situation? Could I take this Shop Owner to court? (If he does not want to make it right, and refund the transplant fee.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, and ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals