• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help finding good tires

f1ipf10p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, I know there are all kinds of threads on here about "what tire should i get?" and i apologize for adding another one. Here is what i got 97' Ranger, 2.3L, putting a RC 4" susp lift on it, and no it's not a 4X4. i am building up this truck for my baby sister and yes it will eventually be painted hot pink with butterflies, if that's what she wants. it will mainly be highway driving with the occasional muddy Ohio field thrown in just cuase she can. i have 15X10 AR Outlaws for it. i have never realy built up a lifted RWD that mainly runs highway, so 'm not sure what kind of tire. basically she wants a lifted truck that "looks tough", her words. any thoughts? i was thinking goodyear wrangler duratracs' but not sure if they would work for how she will be driving, except for they will work great for Ohio winters.

Last edited:

dancron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Procomp xtreme a/t tires are awesome. I've had mine for almost 20k and they still have a lot of life left. They even come with a 40k warranty. They look pretty tuff too. Plus they do good in the snow on my 2wd.

maclgallant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
yeah defenetly go for an AT or a MT thats more AT oriented those wheels are pretty big 15x10 i would recommend maybe a 15x8 or 15x7 with 31x9.5 and i wouldn't recommend bigger with a 2.3l

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals