• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Advice

Butch2112

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
OK I have found a 2001 Ranger Edge looks great, Its a bright yellow. 4.0 v6 5 speed automatic transmission, power window doors etc . Its an extended cab also. Here's the deal it has 275398 miles that seems like a lot to me. They want 5000 for it it looks great but I wanted to get some opinions on this high mileage from a few experts Thanks to all opinions are welcome. It is 2 wd. It will be used as a daily driver and light hauling ie plywood from home depot

Last edited:

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
5000 does seem a bit much. is it 2wd or 4wd? What do you plan on using it for? Daily driver or something else?

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
5000 does seem a bit much. is it 2wd or 4wd? What do you plan on using it for? Daily driver or something else?
A bit? I wouldn't even pay close to that, 2wd or 4x4. Have you driven it? Check absolutely everything on the truck.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's about what it should sell for with 100K on the clock. No way, they are F'ing THEIVES!!!

Waaaaaaaaay too many miles. It will be a money pit forever.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
that means if it's a DD, then they drove on average slightly over 94 miles per day.

wtf lol.

i mean obviously they either had a huge commute, or they go on alot of driving trips.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Keep looking, 5K is way out of reason for those miles. Just picked up a '98' 3.0L auto ext cab with only 62K on the clock for less than that. Don't fall for the "Well it really looks nice". As said, could well be a money pit with that many miles on it.
Dave

prefab08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it could last for some time it if it was proply maintained but for 5000$! thatsjust too high maybe 3000 or 2500 with that kine of milage. was there any work done in the past with proof like resepts?

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
That is 34,424.75 miles per year. Who the hell drives that much in one year is something other than a big rig or a work vehicle??? Who is selling it?

Butch2112

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
we will see

I offered the dealer 3500 cash out the door for the truck. He came back outside and said we have a deal now with tax lic that will be a total of I interrupted him with I said 3500 cash out the door that meens thats it no more no how. He said well we just cant do that so I said goodbye. According to my caller ID they have called the house twice since I left. Maybe I will answer on the third try. Thanks for all the opinions it was just to many miles besides I think I have found a better buy elsewhere. Rule #1 never get in a hurry to buy a truck If it was meant to be it will happen. Thank you all

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't fall for the looks, done that. Even well maintained, gears, bearings seals all wear out. Think you are right in to keep looking. All kinds of places on line to find a good deal in your area.
Dave

Bubba Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
High milage means lots of highway driving, which (in theory) means less wear and tear on the vehicle. It's those 15 year old trucks with 50k miles you have to watch out for. Stop and go, short trip driving is hell of vehicles. I'd rather get a good deal on a high milage vehicle than pay premium for a low milage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals