• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Xterra SAS

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Badass build. keep the pics coming.

Nissan and Toyota forums definition of work on the truck/mod/build is to either lower and get gangsta rims, or tint the lights, paint the rims black and add some stickers hahahahaha

OR take it to a shop so they install you a body lift.

U have Ranger blood on your hands, so you are welcome here.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i dont know...

heavy off road toyota/nissan guys are as ruthless with a sawzall and brand matching as any....

but i am happy to spew thoughts when i can, regardless if its a hopped up weedwhacker, or a honda civic...:icon_cheers:

pretty basic to go leaf:icon_thumby:

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Most xterra guys are wheelers but there idea of wheeling is 32s and roof racks thats not really for me. As far as east west is concerned i screwed up to o have to head east to get to burlington lol. Theres a hew sweet xs out there but they dont do the web thing much.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
very nice, my buddy just gave up on his ifs in his xterra he got it as a write off for $400 then sold the rear hatch for $400 bought a winch built some bumpers and threw on some 37" claws with a welded rear and a lot of sawzalling lol thing works damn good. he's doing a sas on it now too but i think hes in the collecting parts stage. going leaves as well
EDIT: i got some pics of it hope you dont mind. if so just let me know and ill gladly take them down

Last edited:

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Naa i dont mind. Im suprized he was able to wheel that thing at all the locking hubs on these thing are about as strong as the d28 units ive went through 5 sets this year. I dont understand it either the rearend is basically a 9" with the 3rd bearing and bigger ring and pinion.

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Got some work done today to the donor axles removed shock tabs and rear leaf perches. Got the old steering arm off the d44 also i smoothed the bottom of the d60 taking the 1/2 lip off the bottom not sure how much that helps but it was something easy and free so why not lol. Also clean the rust off the spring plates.

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so i cant get my htc wilfire to post the pics from photobucket

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
the hacking has started.

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I havent updated this in awhile and quite frankly im about to disown all Nissan enthuisiasts from the shear amount of bs I get for not being able to or willing to drop 5-10k in a simple axle swap.

So anyway on to progress its still slow b/c Im on winter layoff but its still moving.
I sectioned out the front of my ARB bumper that was mangled beyond recognition and replaced it with 2 sections of 1/4" plate steel with a chunck of 1/4"x2"x2" angle iron to form a ridge for strength. Going to put a nice coat of herculiner on it when the temps warm up a bit.

Also got the rearend in and mounted with the shocks and driveshaft as well.
The only thing I need to do yet is drop the bumpstops 2" yetand install new gears.

Also after seeing pics of that other X posted on here I got to starign at my twisted and trail rashed fenders and figured what the hell so I cut at the body line and everything below went to the scrap pile. Im going to throw a can of spray on liner inside the fender after its done but you get the idea.

Also threw some steel onto the diff covers bc im to cheap to buy the fancy ones lol

I got the front end slid under now just waiting for this weekend to get the leaf springs mounted at the back and figure out how im going to mount my forward shackle.

Wheelbase is set at 105" and most of the pics are at full droop or close to it ordering some h1 takeoffs next week. I know there not a great tire but there cheap 37"s ad will work good for a dual purpose dd/trailrig until I can afford a set of rockers or find a deal on a set of other tires.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
if u cut ur fenders cause of the pics i guess i shouldnt tell u what else he just cut off lol

lookin good though

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Lol thats all the cutting im doin i do like the rest of the body. Course the front clip is getting removed once i have enough cash for the 5.0 swap but thatll be awhile yet.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
and i love those kinda ppl that think it costs thousands of dollars to do an sas your sticking with leafs front and rear? people seem to forget that leafs can still get plenty of flex after that lockers take over

midget28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
3.3L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I like my roof Iowa gets cold in the winter lol. But my end plan is eventually a 5.0 powerplant with a tube front end in dovetail fashion but Im aways away from my wife letting me do that after the SAS I have to do some more work to her jeep first.

I hate to admit it but I just spent about $800 on parts lol but $560 was tires. Ordered some h1 goodyear takeoffs from trailworthyfab.com 37"s that I can DD should be sweet and got some steering parts for crossover instead of the ylink I was thinking about doing. Should be way better driving this way. Also got the 5.38s orderd and a ring gear spacer so I can use my current carrier thats already lincoln locked. Still need to pick up some hardware new u bolts and shackles but its that much closer.

Last edited:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
yea it gets cold here too except this year lol. but that one will never see pavment and in the winter he snowmobiles and doesnt wheel.

so what leafs are you using again? for the front i mean

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals