• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My truck is possesed by the devil

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ok, little back ground story, i have an 86 ranger w/ a 2.3 that cracked number 4 cylinder last month... so i was able to get it back to work where it will sit as i accumulate parts for a V8 swap.. luckily my boss let me use the company truck, a 1994 mazda b2300 ranger thingy...

this is the truck that many fawktards that worked here drove around and abused. busting steering colums when they lost the key, running strait water in the cooling system in january, using wirenuts to fix electrical issues etc.. needless to say its been hacked up and rigged..

so far in the 2 weeks ive driven it, ive had to flush the radiator and replace rad hoses so its not running hot, replaced a siezed brake caliper and both rotors and pads.. fix the door latch and seatbelts so i dont almost die and fall out again..

so now the parking brake cable snapped and got wrapped around an axle... fun.. plus the filler neck is broken...

now heres an issue i dont know were to start at, so last week i drove it and stoped to pump gas, when i got back in, the wipers were stuck on and all the gauges were pegged wide open, i cant tell temp, oil, or fuel level now..

does anyone know where to start looking as far as a cause of the wiring going bad? i could understand 1 gauge pegging being a sender but 3 at once sounds funny, my guess something to do with reference voltage being outa wack..

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
WAG alert!

Broken ground to the cab/dash?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals