• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My truck?? 07 Ranger, want to lift, and ??? advice?

Redneck Cowgirl

Reaction score
My truck?? 07 Ranger, want to lift, and ??? advice? With PICS

Hey all...

Ok so I know I want to lift it, I was thinkin a 6" suspension, and putting her on 33" tires probly M/T.

I am not sure weather I should think about getting some tub bumpers, or a winch bumper on her..

It is a nice truck, but is just not the kind of truck that should be built to heavy wheeling, shes just not made for that...

I am thinkin of more just a really nice "camping" truck....

Where should I draw the line?

And I am having a hard time finding a lift? where would I find one...

Heres a pic of my baby girl...

I want to rino line the gray and behind the fender flares...

I know I can't paint her flat black, cause that would not hold up to anything.. But is that another paint option that would not show bush burn???

Cheers thanx guys

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OMG another girl on TRS.

Anyway, what type of camping will you be doing?

If your the type that goes to a campground and pitches a tent you should be fine, but if your the type that heads out into the wild and pitches a tent in the middle of nowhere, you would probably want a good off road truck. I don't think you will need six inches of suspension lift.. although that would make the truck more functional for more than just camping.

She's new, so I would keep the bumpers stock. It's a pretty truck, I'd wait until you get some body damage before you go swapping out nice OEM equipment if you ever decide the truck isn't in the picture for you anymore. But you could just storage the origional equipment for installation later.

Redneck Cowgirl

Reaction score
OMG another girl on TRS.

Anyway, what type of camping will you be doing?

If your the type that goes to a campground and pitches a tent you should be fine, but if your the type that heads out into the wild and pitches a tent in the middle of nowhere, you would probably want a good off road truck. I don't think you will need six inches of suspension lift.. although that would make the truck more functional for more than just camping.

She's new, so I would keep the bumpers stock. It's a pretty truck, I'd wait until you get some body damage before you go swapping out nice OEM equipment if you ever decide the truck isn't in the picture for you anymore. But you could just storage the origional equipment for installation later.

:icon_rofl:

i dont camp in camp grounds... LOL thats so cute... and she does not look like that anymore, I have allready replaced the front end once, and rolled her into tree causing some bed damage, and wrote her off..

heres some pics of my baby girl out and about...

GBranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i dono about the lift but that used to be one pretty truck. cam clark ford and what looks like stave lake? vancouverite?

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
super lift has a kit and it comes with new knuckles and all, look in to it.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well hell in that case go for the tube bumpers with a winch.

And nice shot of the deer's leg sticking out!

Last edited:

skinner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck.
And judging your pics, you are about every guy's perfect woman.
Carry on :).

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I liked your response: "Camp grounds. That's cute" So, I take it from the buck that you DON'T use designated camp sites? ha

The Superlift seems to be within the price range. Heard good things about the SL kit; the company got a bad rep from having a weak passenger bracket in the TTB suspension from 1983-1997 rangers, but it has since been fixed. This is a 3-4" lift.

Dixon Bros. is race quality and pricey.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Suspension_Kits.html

Another quick and easy tire clearance is a body lift. Some people argue that they're useless; I think they keep center of gravity lower while mild fender trimming is another alternative. Get a few inches of suspension and some body clearance and you'd be good with decent flex for camping and woody trails around the area. The 3-4" suspension + 2 or 3" body would make up your 6" expectation. More importantly, the 33" would get you around with few problems and would "flex" well with that IFS setup.

Oh, and I like the stock plastic. Too bad a winch is gonna replace it. But, I favor purpose over aesthetics, so I vote winch bumper.

And save the Rhino Lining for another day. It's not gonna save the whole truck for what you're using it for.

I've wheeled with a few F-150s, a couple Chevys, and have ridden with Ranger buddies. Just my $ 0.02.

Good luck with your truck, and welcome to TRS (even though you've already been around for 27 posts!).

Redneck Cowgirl

Reaction score
i dono about the lift but that used to be one pretty truck. cam clark ford and what looks like stave lake? vancouverite?
I use to live in Vancvouer.. Yes thats stave lake.. I am now in northern Canada, but come down there from time to time? where abouts are you?

ns_red7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got any more pics of the front missing that lower piece? I always wondered what that would look like.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals