• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new toy-1990 B2

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, been a long time since Ive been around, kinda got out of the RBV scene for a bit, but I just picked up a new project, to add to my workload of my 86. Decided to start a build thread before I got started working on er as she needs alot of love.

The truck:
-1990 BroncoII rusty silver
-Dana 35 front, 7.5 rear
-fm146 trans :annoyed:
-BW1354 elec t-case:annoyed:
-2.9L v6 (seized up tight, looks like head/gasket as the engines FULL..of milk)

The plan:
-4.0L swap(Just happen to have 3 engines laying around :dunno: )
-Run the FM146 till she drops
-4" lift with 31 or 32 inch tires
-a cheap paint job to spruce er up a touch

This was may 10th/2012 when I went and loaded it up-

These are may 11th/2012 when i pulled the engine after work to prepare for the engine swap, planning to have the swap done by sunday night, tommorrow morning ill be dropping in the 4.0. Would have done it tonight but after pulling wrenches for 11 hours at work and another 3 at home id had enough. Also tonight I started a little bit of the body work, pulled the dent out of the fender and adjusted the door.

And one of the two shop dogs-

Let me know what you guys figure

I know the pics suck...

nuclassic

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks great man, one of these days I'm gonna get one

jhammel85

Looks really good. Did you actually get out those flange / ypipe bolts or did you just cut them?

I like the idea of your build..Sounds like a fun runner!

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes I got the bolts out, the torch work wonders lol.

Well today may12th/2012, I got a late start/early finish, the 4.0 is in all hoses are hooked up,fluids filled, exhaust is done. Got the old engine harness out and tommorrow I'll be putting the new in, including alt and starter wiring.

Hopefully she will run tommorrow and I'll move onto the bodywork and cleaning up the interior.

More to come, along with pics!

Tommorrow I

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well may 13th I was lacking time so all I got to do was swap the engine harness and computer and wired up the starter/alternator, so it didn't run like I had planned.

May 14th-

She came to life after another hour and a half of splicing, that time included diagnosing the bad engine ground and fixing a fuel leak from the line under the intake. Took it for a little rip down the alley and all I can say is it put a huge smile on my face, the new found power amazed me. So I have a few odds and ends to take care of and a little bit of clean up under the hood and I'll call it done. In total I will have about 12 hours into the swap taking my time.

After I'm done with the engine swap I'll e ripping out the interior and cleaning the 399 000km worth of dirtiness lol.

Sorry these are the only pics I have at this time...

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Lol thanks, it's my 98 12V, 8 inch lift, 37s, built auto, 10" stack, 64mm turbo, 5X14 injectors, pump mods, timing, studs, o-ringed head and the list could go on for days lol it's just another toy and is my dd right now, it truly is my baby haha

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well not alot of progress lately, swapped the grill and headlights out and cleaned some stuff up under the hood, calling the engine swap 100% done. Going to start body work next but I've been busy fixing up the trailer for camping season so havent had alot of time but I've been itchin! Lol

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just a bit of an update, been daily driving it. Got the lift in, did a tune up, found some used tires and rims, have her a splash of color and did a few other little mods.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals