• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Lone Ranger

Bird_man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Well, l finally got my truck from the body shop. They removed the bed to repair some dents that were hidden by the bedliner. They also fixed the emergengy brake. l had forgotten how important they are to trucks with manuel transmissions. lts still a mystery why the previous owner replaced the bed and rearend assembly. They were not forthcoming about the truck's past. l even joined a website called ''Bumper'' to get info of its past. None found about accidents or mechanical failures.
My Ranger is back on the road and l'm happy with the truck. l have put app 4000 miles on the truck since getting it from the shop. ZERO problems have shown up since. l took it on a road trip to Tx in June. My gas mileage average was around 23mpg. l'm satisfied with those numbers from a 3 litre V6, 5sp man w/4.10 gears. Counting luggage and me the truck had an 800 pound load.
l do want to do a couple things to improve the offroad drivability. A limited slip is an absolute MUST. The only guy in TOWN wants Ten Bens plus parts. Next in line will be some new tires. I want some that have a more comfortable ride. l DON'T need truck tires. l not going to haul a ton. l just want the ride to be a bit smoother/softer. l will be sticking to the stock size as per FORD. Summing up, l have a 'New to me truck'. No car/truck pmt either. Simple with 4 gauges in the dash. Not even a clicker to open/close the door.

Bird

BTW. One little surprise came during the bodywork phase. My grille was damaged. Going to an event one day l visited a local salvage yard. lts full of old Rangers. l spied a perfect undamaged grille. Only need painting. Since my truck was scheduled for paint soon l bought it. Took it to my body man for paint. After a fresh coat the truck and grille were a thing of BEAUTY. Just one little detail. 2002 Ranger Sport grille wont fit 2007 Ranger Sport. 3 day delay repairing the old one. l now have one Ranger, Two grilles. l think i will mount it on the wall of my play room

Last edited:

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Welcome to TRS, glad you’re happy with your ‘new to you’ Ranger.

-Jazzer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals