• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You can see the difference in this pic of the 1" vs Ranger sway:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can see the difference in this pic of the 1" vs Ranger sway:

The BII in your pic looks bigger than the one in mine.. I did measure it with a cloth measuring tape and half of the bar equals 1".. I do know where a couple of newer BII are so I'll go check it out..

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
The BII in your pic looks bigger than the one in mine.. I did measure it with a cloth measuring tape and half of the bar equals 1".. I do know where a couple of newer BII are so I'll go check it out..
When I picked mine up, they used a "mic" to check it and he told me it was actually a little larger than 1". Not exactly sure by how much, but I wanna say he told me like 1.1"..

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I picked mine up, they used a "mic" to check it and he told me it was actually a little larger than 1". Not exactly sure by how much, but I wanna say he told me like 1.1"..
I pulled up the build site in two different internet pages and compared your pics with mine side by side... They acually look the same to me when they are side by side.. I used an adjustable wrench to compare a ranger that was in the JY to the bronco that was how I found it was bigger.. it looked small on the bronco plus it's been over a year since I have seen the one on my ranger so it was hard to tell without the wrench.. Both off though you can see a difference by looking.. I am still going to go look at the other BIIs as soon as I can though just to verify...

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, now after looking at them side by side, it does look like you have the 1". If you measured it with a cloth tape and its 1" then it sounds like you have a 1". Have you taken it for a test ride yet?

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, now after looking at them side by side, it does look like you have the 1". If you measured it with a cloth tape and its 1" then it sounds like you have a 1". Have you taken it for a test ride yet?
I took it for a short ride.. Since the steering is rubbing and tight I didn't put it through a good run.. I'll take a curve or two this weekend for sure! I appreciate the tip.. Had it not been for your thread I would have never known about the BII Sway :headbang:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Next go find yourself one of these bad boys:

Its a 1 & 3/16" front sway bar of an 87-89 STX 4x4.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I found one up in Jackson NJ... Now I just need to get my hands on it!!!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I have spent most of the day looking for urathane bushing and I swear all I can find are 7/8 for the BII.. Could these be for the front maybe????? Mine def needs bushing before I can give it an honest test....

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I found one up in Jackson NJ... Now I just need to get my hands on it!!!
HA... That one is in the bed of my truck.... its not in Jackson right now. :thefinger:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just used a universal Energy suspension sway bar bushing when I put the 1" on my '84, they have them at the auto parts store. I couldn't find a listing for the BII 1" bar anywhere online either so I checked the ES catalog for Ford sway bars, and they gave a listing for the right diameter and end link bushings. Ordered it and when it arrived the sway bar bushings were way too large for the brackets I had, so I went to the store and found those universals and used them with the end link bushings from the kit. If I were to do it over again (and I may be soon) I'd get the universal bushings from the start, and see if they sole the end link bushings separately.

IIRC my 1" BII bar came from a first gen as well. Ford wasn't consistent with the sizes they used on the Ranger or the BII, except in that only the BII got the 1".

I'd have a tough time finding one of those here, there's not a Ranger older than 95 (with any parts left) in the yards in this area. Thankfully I don't have to, I bought an aftermarket that is within 1/16 of the same size probably 10 years ago for the 84. It's a first gen style bar that attaches to the the radius arm rather than the beam but since I'm keeping the first gen radius arms with the I-beam upgrade on the 86 I can just swap it over.

Last edited:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just used a universal Energy suspension sway bar bushing when I put the 1" on my '84, they have them at the auto parts store. I couldn't find a listing for the BII 1" bar anywhere online either so I checked the ES catalog for Ford sway bars, and they gave a listing for the right diameter and end link bushings. Ordered it and when it arrived the sway bar bushings were way too large for the brackets I had, so I went to the store and found those universals and used them with the end link bushings from the kit. If I were to do it over again (and I may be soon) I'd get the universal bushings from the start, and see if they sole the end link bushings separately.

IIRC my 1" BII bar came from a first gen as well. Ford wasn't consistent with the sizes they used on the Ranger or the BII, except in that only the BII got the 1".

I'd have a tough time finding one of those here, there's not a Ranger older than 95 (with any parts left) in the yards in this area. Thankfully I don't have to, I bought an aftermarket that is within 1/16 of the same size probably 10 years ago for the 84. It's a first gen style bar that attaches to the the radius arm rather than the beam but since I'm keeping the first gen radius arms with the I-beam upgrade on the 86 I can just swap it over.
I have access to a ton of Rangers just have to hope they still have parts I need on them... I'm pretty much right in the middle of 3 pull a parts!!!!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I found the end link bushings at Advance Auto... just gotta have the extra cash to buy them...

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have access to a ton of Rangers just have to hope they still have parts I need on them... I'm pretty much right in the middle of 3 pull a parts!!!!
What about. Bronco 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals