• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My God

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There you have it... http://www.alienware.com/microsite/m11x/m11x.aspx?source=ECH0023

The world first gaming netbook. the two terms really dont go together but you have to hand it to them to fit a core 2 duo, 1gb nvidia graphics card, and 4gb of ram in an 11" package.

Just for size comparision have you seen those acer 11.6" netbooks at walmart for cheap??? the alienware is smaller than it.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
That's impressive to say the least. I bet it's not cheap, of course...

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Heh, sure, its powerful, and that's pretty cool they fit all that in there..........but I ask, what's the point? If your gaming don't you think a desktop, maybe even a fullsized laptop would be easier to play on? Not to forget such components would make quick work of any battery they would put in it?

Jaymz9350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
There you have it... http://www.alienware.com/microsite/m11x/m11x.aspx?source=ECH0023

The world first gaming netbook. the two terms really dont go together but you have to hand it to them to fit a core 2 duo, 1gb nvidia graphics card, and 4gb of ram in an 11" package.

Just for size comparision have you seen those acer 11.6" netbooks at walmart for cheap??? the alienware is smaller than it.
Not a netbook at all, just a small laptop. Net books are low power machine basically just for surfing the net, hence the name.

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I think it still counts as a netbook beacuse it still has 3.5 hours of battery life and you can turn the nvidia chip off an run the intel low power one with a button and get 6 hours.

I could see it if your a gamer on the go but really thats about it. I have a 17" gateway laptop for games and i dont find it very portable. Its big and heavy as well as has 1.5 hours of batt life so i always need a charger with me.

mrfishjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Alienware was purchased by Dell some time ago... So your really just renting a glorified piece of **** for a year or so... Its a dell. What do you expect? Looks cool.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Alienware was purchased by Dell some time ago... So your really just renting a glorified piece of **** for a year or so... Its a dell. What do you expect? Looks cool.
Are you speaking out of your ass?

Dell is just like all other PC manufactures; their entry level PC's are junk. What do you expect when you are buying a $350 PC? Do you really expect it to be top quality? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

Dell is one of the top quality manufactures; as long as you spend more than $500 on a PC, just like all other manufactures. I manage the computers at work, we buy strictly Dell. Since Dell is a customer of ours, I have been through their manufacturing facility in Nashville, TN and was quite impressed. I have never had a problem out of a Dell PC that we have and some of them are close to 10 years old now. We only buy the Dimension 9000+ series desktops and Latitude series laptops.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Yes, Dell bought Alienware a few years ago. Dell's XPS series has taken a lot of Alienware features.

Alienware are excellent off the shelf gaming PC's. For them to build a gaming netbook, I am impressed.

mrfishjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, now really? I was dissing on dell... not you... was that necessary. I work in a computer repair shop. I have seen dells of all types (expensive, and cheap) that were not the greatest for quality. The older XPS systems were half plastic. Plastic is a heat insulator, Metal transfers the heat better. Have you seen the useless BTX computers they use? yes they may be designed for better cooling, but was it worth an extra $100 just to put the memory slots in a different place and turn the processor socket 45deg.?? the fans in the front now, but its not easily removed to clean the dust out of it. I can say good things about their cases, The use hi-quality steel no matter what line you choose. Some of them are decent computers. Just because you pay a lot for it doesn't mean your getting the best quality for your money. I'm completely against dell, I just dont think they are the "top of the line". They are Much better than most(hp, emahines, gateway,compaq(hp). So far, the best luck I've had is buying CSM(corporate stable models) of components then building a computer with that. they ARE rock solid. I've got one running at home that took a bullet(literally) and is still ticking.

PS- lets not turn this into a flame thread, there is a proper section for that.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4

Dell is just like all other PC manufactures; their entry level PC's are junk. What do you expect when you are buying a $350 PC? Do you really expect it to be top quality? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

Dell is one of the top quality manufactures; as long as you spend more than $500 on a PC, just like all other manufactures. I manage the computers at work, we buy strictly Dell. Since Dell is a customer of ours, I have been through their manufacturing facility in Nashville, TN and was quite impressed. I have never had a problem out of a Dell PC that we have and some of them are close to 10 years old now. We only buy the Dimension 9000+ series desktops and Latitude series laptops.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Yes, Dell bought Alienware a few years ago. Dell's XPS series has taken a lot of Alienware features.

Alienware are excellent off the shelf gaming PC's. For them to build a gaming netbook, I am impressed.
+1. I bought the cheapest inspiron dell made(laptop not desktop) 3 years ago and have thrown it in fits of rage (pieces snap back together), Spilled 40s of beer on it, stepped on it ETC. I handled all the accidental abuse and is still great besides the mousepad buttons not working anymore. Its the computer I'm on now. My only problem is if you need help from dell you end up talking to Apu who speaks poor english and talks like his mouth is full of marbles

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My only problem is if you need help from dell you end up talking to Apu who speaks poor english and talks like his mouth is full of marbles
If you pay for their Gold Tech Support, you will speak to one of their US call centers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals