• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My brand new 2008 Ranger FX4

DaveyFX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My brand new 2008 Ranger FX4 *interior side bar/mud flap pics on page 3*

Last edited:

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Very nice truck.

Enjoy it

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm really diggin' the truck, nice choice!

KarenCaren

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Very nice truck. Do you have plans to upgrade it? I really like ford truck they look powerful.

DaveyFX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Yes, I plan on upgrading it.

I need some guidance, however. I would like to do an intake setup, as well as a torsion twist and shackle upgrade in the rear. I would like to fit some larger diameter tires and rims as well.

What type of intake should I go with? A short ram or a cold air? What brand(s) are the best?

Also, what type of work is involved in the torsion twist? What kind of shackles should I go with for the rear?

I love the truck thus far. It's quite unique as it has vinyl floors and leather seats. I've also got it in 5-speed format and I'm quite impressed with the throws and clutch pressure. Oh, and the Sirius radio is awesome too, lots of good hard rock/metal stations.

AngloSaxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I always liked the two tones, you got a really nice truck

HMD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice lookin Truck man, not sure which I like better your black or my blue one. I have seen afew black ones around her that guys have done a great job with accessories on. Black out the lights and chrome it up and they look really sweet with the black.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck!

Now time for some black powdercoat wheels....

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Yes, I plan on upgrading it.

I need some guidance, however. I would like to do an intake setup, as well as a torsion twist and shackle upgrade in the rear. I would like to fit some larger diameter tires and rims as well.

What type of intake should I go with? A short ram or a cold air? What brand(s) are the best?

Also, what type of work is involved in the torsion twist? What kind of shackles should I go with for the rear?

I love the truck thus far. It's quite unique as it has vinyl floors and leather seats. I've also got it in 5-speed format and I'm quite impressed with the throws and clutch pressure. Oh, and the Sirius radio is awesome too, lots of good hard rock/metal stations.

Yup, that's a nice lookin truck ya got there for sure.

Imo, skip the "cold" air intake. Personally I don't buy into them but do some research on your own. It's pretty subjective as to whether or not you get any performance gains at all. Cold air is more efficient for an engine, but the air in you enigine compartment isn't any colder than the air your stock airbox pulls in. If overoiled, your filter can send particles of oil into your system.

Lots of people swear by them, but there is another side to them too. It's up to you, but to me they are way too expensive for what they are.

TT" and shackles are easy and you could them both in an afternoon. Here's a link to the tech section on the torsion twist--> http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TorsionBar.html

The Warrior or Belltech shackles seem to be the ones most commonly reffered to but I ordered some off Ebay that are as solid as anything, can't remember what brand they are, but here's a link to them--> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370036602628

For tires, you should be able to clear 31's (32's with some rubbing probably) or 265/75/16 (31.7x10.5). I don't know if want to go to a bigger rim but as long as that outside diameter stays the same it should work..

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions......

Greg5567

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a really sharp lookin Ranger youve got there, very impressed. Do you plan on lifting it at all (suspension//body)?

Is it going to be kinda DD/Trail Rig?

SHOBout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
Nice looking truck, and the vinyl floors are really nice for when you get them muddy and just wash em off. I must admit though, I'm really jealous of your wheels, I wish I could have found some for sale locally, instead I went with cragar soft 8s for mine.

Sean

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals