• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

More Bronco hear say.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I tend to disagree. Jeeps are pretty prominent in the PNW.
Just because the wrangler sells well with a real axle in the front doesn't mean the bronco would. The wrangler has a following 80 years in the making. Those nutballs are so indoctrinated into their little cult they'll wave at every other wrangler not even knowing the person inside... the other person could very well be a hamster strangling cat rapist... doesn't matter... they get a wave.

These people want a wrangler. Thats it. Wranglers fo' lyfe! Ride or die! They don't care about refinement, creature comforts, or ride quality.. well... they MIGHT.. but they're willing to put up with it because its a WRANGLER.

The bronco doesn't have that "power".. so to speak.

I'm willing to bet that a TON of people with wranglers, if given the option to see how much better their ride would be if it had IFS... would end the test drive wanting it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I'm only seeing a rear locker and Full-Time 4wd system that locks power to both axles. "provides electronically locked power to both axles in challenging conditions" Under the Rear Axle Ratio section there are the 2 drive ratios 4.46 and 4.7 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio and Rear Locking Differential, what models the come with or available on and last line "Available Locking Differentials shown." Key words IMO they only show the rear axle in the pictures. Personally, I'm very skeptical but this.

edit: I'm going to have to wait until I'm off my work comp. to see the videos.
Whatever trim level you are on has 4.46 ratio and rear locker standard. Sounds like you might be on Black Diamond. If you click 4.7 you get the Sasquatch. Same for the 17" beadlock capable wheels. There should be a thing to click that spells it out. Bigger front diff w/ locker, goat modes if your trim didn't already have it, advanced 4wd, sway bar disconnect, MT tires/wheels etc.

Some trims like Badlands has a lot of Sasquatch stuff on its own too.

What site is this on?

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Land Rover owners are the same way. They know the vehicles can be unreliable but love them anyway and won’t buy anything else.

4XOverland just went back to Land Rover after years of driving Toyotas. I guess he just couldn’t keep away.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Every group has their bad apples... No one is perfect, some are just on the lesser side of perfect. LOL

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
You are off.

Whatever trim level you are on has 4.46 ratio and rear locker standard. Sounds like you might be on Black Diamond. If you click 4.7 you get the Sasquatch. Same for the 17" beadlock capable wheels. There should be a thing to click that spells it out. Bigger front diff w/ locker, goat modes if your trim didn't already have it, advanced 4wd, sway bar disconnect, MT tires/wheels etc.

They do have a bigger front differential and a front locker, sway bar

I think I was on the Badlands Trim. I'll look at the others too. Thank you for the link. Still not ready to eat crow though. :D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think I was on the Badlands Trim. I'll look at the others too. Thank you for the link. Still not ready to eat crow though. :D
Yeah, start thinking about if you want original or extra crispy...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Land Rover owners are the same way. They know the vehicles can be unreliable but love them anyway and won’t buy anything else.

4XOverland just went back to Land Rover after years of driving Toyotas. I guess he just couldn’t keep away.
Never been around one but I can't help but wonder how much of that is hype too, at least for the older ones.

A lot of what they complain about sounds like normal old vehicle stuff, he kind of alluded to that in his last video on his Rover.

If anything ever happened to my Ranger there is a strong chance a Rover would replace it...

Last edited:

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Agreed. All of us put up with a lot of hassles from our brand of choice while poking fun at the alternatives.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Never been around one but I can't help but wonder how much of that is hype too, at least for the older ones.

A lot of what they complain about sounds like normal old vehicle stuff, he kind of alluded to that in his last video on his Rover.

If anything ever happened to my Ranger there is a strong chance a Rover would replace it...
English vehicles in general do not have a great reputation for reliability. Most everything I heard and read about Land Rovers follows that reputation. Most Land Rover owners know it and just accept it as it is. To each their own I guess. While I do a lot of preventative maintenance on mine, it generally stays that way and I try to stick with vehicles that have a reputation of some kind of reliability. So, things don't often break before they get changed. It does happen but not often. I suppose one could do the same with vehicles that have problems as well. I'm sure 4XOverland is one such person.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I need to look at universal joints for the 2011. When we did the PA Parks "tour" last fall, I noticed the drive line has a bit of a quiet squeak to it at low speeds that can only be heard with the windows down while we were cruising through the parks. I couldn't narrow down which drive shaft was the culprit but as inexpensive as u-joints are, I might as well just change them all to grease able ones and be done with it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
English vehicles in general do not have a great reputation for reliability. Most everything I heard and read about Land Rovers follows that reputation. Most Land Rover owners know it and just accept it as it is. To each their own I guess. While I do a lot of preventative maintenance on mine, it generally stays that way and I try to stick with vehicles that have a reputation of some kind of reliability. So, things don't often break before they get changed. It does happen but not often. I suppose one could do the same with vehicles that have problems as well. I'm sure 4XOverland is one such person.
I don't know how balanced he looks at things either.

He goes on about how much he had to do to his first Rover, engine, trans etc. It was like 20+ years old when he sold it, 1970's carburetored vehicle in a rough environment...

His older 105 Land Cruiser two years ago that needed EVERYTHING... that was just normal wear and tear aside from the booger fixed 4wd, no biggie.

Now he likes his Land Cruisers and they are all that and a bag of chips for reliability but he also says he likes to sell them at around 4 years old before they develop problems.

:dntknw:

I think his new Rover is going to be more more of a '57 Chevy type cruiser than an actually offroader/tourer. Just a cream puff to restore and fuss over.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Yeah, start thinking about if you want original or extra crispy...
Ok, so the Bronco R is "The race prototype is built on a modified Ford T6 architecture that will provide the base for the production model. Beefed up for Baja, Bronco R features an independent front suspension with 14 inches of travel and a production-based five-link rear chassis design with up to 18 inches of travel, plus custom Fox shocks, 17-inch beadlock-capable aluminum wheels and 37-inch BFGoodrich tires."

So the 14" of travel in the front and up to 18" in the rear won't see production models. IMO.

So more digging, building of vehicles, cross-hashing, etc...

I finally found where it states the items of lockers, sway bar disconnects, etc. and Ford surprisingly did some school work and homework. I am impressed.

:popcorn:(crispy is tasty) I actually think this might be a good thing on the small size of things. It is definitely a good start.

Sway bar disconnects are only available on the Badlands and First Edition models but locking diffs frt/rr are included w/Sasquatch pkg. :popcorn: you know crow is really pretty good with popcorn. Glad to see they have a manual transmission still, now that is cool, too bad they can include the Advanced 4x4 with Automatic Engagement with it.

I am still skeptical, only because it seems too good to be true. I am by no means a Jeep fan so I'm glad that finally a manufacturer has taken the step to compete against them. I really thought they didn't care about the OHV adventurers. Which is why I built my truck.

I was tempted (honestly) to order one but I am going to wait a couple of yrs. Why? I've bought one new vehicle in my life and I will never do that again, my choice, my opinion.

All in all, good things can come in small packages. :popcorn:

edit: incidentally this was the one I ended up building. A Badlands with Sasquatch Pkg. a little badass looking if I do say so. Good Job Ford. Kudos.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I was tempted (honestly) to order one but I am going to wait a couple of yrs. Why? I've bought one new vehicle in my life and I will never do that again, my choice, my opinion.

All in all, good things can come in small packages. :popcorn:
Dinner at 7:00...

I was never a first year buyer... but I'm a buyer.

The picture I posted was a 4600 stock class... on portal axles. The specs are out there. But it isn't the R.

Warthog is coming.... and who knows what's next. I'm hoping for a 2 door Bronco Pickup... with a tailgate... and Ranger like capacities.

I'm going to let this ride for another year or two and see what comes to Market.

Ford benchmarked the Jeep to build this Bronco... it basically one up's Jeep across the board.

They weren't fooling around bringing the nameplate back...

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Wait, Warthog? You're not talking about @85_Ranger4x4 ? Its an actual possible model coming out?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wait, Warthog? You're not talking about @85_Ranger4x4 ? Its an actual possible model coming out?
Yeah, I inspired Ford to one up the Sasquatch.

Not sure how but the world works in mysterious ways...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals