• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B4000 4.0 V6 - ANOTHER failed Slave Cylinder

mattwebb80

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Ok... so, since October of 2013, I am now on my second failing slave cylinder.
The first one lasted me mostly through the winter, and the second one went about 2 1/2 Weeks before it started leaking and left me stranded at work.

I don't recall the brand of the first one, but the most recent one was the Perfection brand.

I bought it thinking.. Perfection brand.. all aluminum base.. thats much better than the plastic one on the old one... covered with a rubber boot, that should protect the slave/seals pretty well.. sounds great.

No such luck.

Basically, I have two questions.. is there a mod/guide on converting a Mazda B series or Ford Ranger to an external slave to get me away from this Concentric Slave garbage... and if not, is there a brand that you/anyone can recommend that will do me more justice that this?

I love my truck. It's a 94' model and drives like brand new.. it purrs like a kitten.. but if I can't keep a slave cylinder in it, its useless to me.

Any suggestions or advice would be VERY welcome.

Rock on ladies and gents, thanks for the input.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure that I have ever read of any thing. My 94 b4000 I bought from my father in law. It has 300k miles on it and he has put about 5 slaves in it. The slave always failed before the clutch slipped. That's why he sold it. He only used Napa gold parts as he gets a discount. I had a new slave put in and it was also a Napa brand. I haven't had any problems but am expecting them.

Perhaps this would be better suited in a different forum as this fforum doesn't get a lot of attention. Hate to be that guy but id deposit this in the urgent section as there is a lot of traffic there and. You need it done now.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3098581

That is the best I have come up with. And rick doesn't say any thing about the slave being centerforce. Seems that some people get lucky and they last. Other than that there is just a bunch of talk about how itsa piss poor never redesigned piece made in France.

Fx4wannabe commented a bit in a fordrangerforums topic on the subject and said that he best he found was raybestos. But he was having a hard time finding them. I looked on rockauto and its not an option.

Edit... I found this... and you can make it an external slave.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14539

That seems like the best option as there is after market support for it.

Like said the ohv and sohc have the same bolt pattern (sohc has 1 more bolt, no big deal.) Once my slave fails ill probably look into that swap.

More info

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/motor-transmission/213588.htm

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137188

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals