• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

master cylinder

ati190

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

I purchased a 92 F250 5.8L, ZF5 speed. I'm having a few intermittent issues with it being hard to shift in gear. Symptoms are this: 1. When I removed the cap to check fluid, the rubber seal was crushed inward on itself (meaning air was pushing up in the master). 2. It's hard to get in gear sometimes unless you pump clutch, then it's fine for awhile. 3. It does not grind in any gear, just won't let you in. 4. The fluid was full in the master. 5. There are no whines, or grinds from any of the bearings, the trans is quiet both cold and warm.

Sometimes, there are no issues, other times the pedal feels a little weaker but not to the point the pedal won't return. I believe it's the master in this case. Just would like other opinions. B.t.w there's not many on the full size forum site yet, so I posted here. Mods can move it if they like.

Thanks

ati190

broughton88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would try bleed it first that would help alot or the slave cylinder

ati190

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
problem solved. Changed trans fluid to ATF +4 ( I'm aware i'm supposed to use Mercon V, but I had 24 quarts of ATF +4 fully synthetic to use. Nice, smooth shifts, smoother than butter.

ati190

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals