• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Manual transfer problem

Tnich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I have 1995 b3000 5 sp. back in June I replaced the trans along with the clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and throw out bearing. Everything was fine until two days ago I lost clutch pedal. So I replaced the clutch master cylinder because that was the only thing I didn't replace in June. I'm pretty sure I have it bled right cause I can't depress it with a screw driver when its disconnected from the slave cylinder. I looked in the inspection hole andI can see the slave cylinder moving when the clutch is pressed and I don't see any signs of leakage. It won't go into gear with the truck running.So what am I missing? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Tnich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help everyone. Couldn't have done it with out you!!!!

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Thanks for the help everyone. Couldn't have done it with out you!!!!
i think thats sarcasm, let me give you a little help.

1) this is not an issue specific to mazda trucks. a better place to post would have been in the transmissions forum.
2) clutch bleeding has notoriously been a problem on RBV's. its been covered, in detail, numerous times. spend a few minutes using the search features available, your answer is already out there.
3) it's only been a little more than a day. you cant expect to always have an answer on the spot. people are busy, have lives, etc. plus, nobody wants to spend time answering questions like this over and over again.
4) youre title "manual transfer problem" should probably say something about a clutch/transmission issue. i expected a transfer case problem when i opened the thread.

welcome to TRS. take a look around, see what there is to see, spend some time exploring. this has been a very active community for many years. there's tons and tons of info already on the forums. also make sure you check out the tech library. many good articles covering upgrades, repairs, etc.

:beer:

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i think thats sarcasm, let me give you a little help.

1) this is not an issue specific to mazda trucks. a better place to post would have been in the transmissions forum.
2) clutch bleeding has notoriously been a problem on RBV's. its been covered, in detail, numerous times. spend a few minutes using the search features available, your answer is already out there.
3) it's only been a little more than a day. you cant expect to always have an answer on the spot. people are busy, have lives, etc. plus, nobody wants to spend time answering questions like this over and over again.
4) youre title "manual transfer problem" should probably say something about a clutch/transmission issue. i expected a transfer case problem when i opened the thread.

welcome to TRS. take a look around, see what there is to see, spend some time exploring. this has been a very active community for many years. there's tons and tons of info already on the forums. also make sure you check out the tech library. many good articles covering upgrades, repairs, etc.

:beer:
I'll bite. :sarcastic:

1: Sorry, OP, I have too many kids, and a life of my own. Sorry I wasn't around to personally come to your house and change your ****ing diaper. Or fix your clutch. :cheese-whine:

2: Friction materials, as they apply to automotive applications, are ****ed up mistresses. Take a brake caliper, for example...1/64 of an inch is all it takes to turn a rotor the color of 'OH MY ****ING JESUS I TOUCHED IT AND IT ATE MY SOUL' red.

3: There is a measurement for how much movement, in SAE inches, your slave is supposed to move within the bellhousing. If it doesn't, you'll have issues. I could link you to a LMGTFY*, but I won't. It's 2015, and I assume we all know how to use Google.

*Acronym for 'Let Me Google That For You'. Shouldn't have had to explain that, but kids are weird these days...

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
OK, I think you have been beat up enough.

My guess is you still have air in the system. Since it shifts when off; but, not when running, the clutch is dragging on the pressure plate/flywheel turning the input shaft. These clutches are an absolute pain in the butt to bleed. But, ............

On the other hand, if the pilot bearing goes out, you will get the same symptoms.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
These clutches are an absolute pain in the butt to bleed. But, ............
What clutch are you bleeding? These things are easy to bleed, putting the master cylinder back on and getting the line routed afterward is the hard part.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals